"Brothers, be careful. Do not provoke her."  The guy who escorted me said. Know what? I'll just call him Barney.

"What will she do? Kill us?" The one named Kelzak laughed. The quiet one who'd been glaring at me suddenly growled and shouted  then smashed the button. 

"Nihram, no!" They all shouted. I didn't even know what had happened till I was screaming too. I looked down at my now bloody wrists. The shackles had spikes in them that penetrated my wrists. Blood dripped all over the floor and I crashed on my knees in pain. Barney and everyone except Nihram ran to help me.

"Let her die! She must not get away with Dihram's death!" He yelled. Barney tore the shackles off my wrists and I stood, trying to wrap my wrists with my shirt but I slipped in a pool of my own blood and landed hard on my butt.

"Get the medical kit!" Kelzak yelled to the other guy.

"You all better have an explanation." A loud voice thundered. Everyone around froze. I was still screaming in pain. Suddenly a giant bubble covered my wrists, and immediately dulled the pain. The tears on my face were also floating in front of me and my mouth just hung open as I sat there.

"Master, I did not mean for matters to get out of hand. I-" Barney was explaining but he was silenced. I turned to face the man. He was about 6ft tall with a black mask covering his entire face and head. His eyes were green and blue. Not one color each, I meant half of one pupil was green and the other was blue. He wore heavily decorated black armor and he was incredibly built. His skin was not blue. He looked...almost normal. 

"A human." He stated, clearly astonished. The bubble was still around my wrists, still eliminating the pain and still surprising me. He took one step in my direction and I took five back. The blue guys cleared out of the way, the one named Nihram looked more frightened. "Take us away." He commanded and the ground gave out beneath me. Again, it was as though we pulled open a curtain. No crumbling or effects of destruction. I screamed all the way down the dark tunnel. But instead of landing and distributing the contents of my skull, I landed softly. I scrambled up and looked around. The room was lavish. Lush cream carpet, a beautiful king sized bed with gold and black bedding, lamps, black futons, and so on. And a door. There was a door! This room looked like one from a 5-star hotel.

"I see this room pleases you." The strange man said behind me. 

"Who are you? Why am I here?" I demanded.

"Clean up first then we will speak." He said.

"Clean up? I have no clothes, shoes or anything else!" 

"Those have been taken care of. Hurry on now. I will be waiting." He said and pointed at the door. 

"My wrists. How did you-"

"Later. They are healed now."  He said and nodded in the direction of the door. I sigh and turned to face it. I didn't trust anything or anyone here but the least I could do was cooperate so I get some answers for myself. So with another deep sigh and quick prayer, I walked towards the door and opened it slowly.

===========================================================

BATMAN'S VIEW.

I opened the door to Se'ir's dark training room. 

"Se'ir!" I called out loud. 

"Can't you ever come in without ruining things!?" He exclaimed angrily. Se'ir stepped out with a cloth to wipe some liquid he'd spilled. [Se'ir is a 5'8, muscular man with light blue eyes and small streaks of gray in his dark brown hair. He is 50 years old and has been an ally of Batman's for over 5 years. He has also helped to train Bruce and aid him occasionally in his journey. He used to be a national guard and has no family in Gotham. Alfred introduced them after the initial accident that caused their first encounter, and eventually, Batman learned to involve him in his quests. He is a highly trained combatant and he lives on the outskirts of town to isolate himself from the filth of the city. [HE IS MADE UP FOR MY STORY, SO HE'S DEFINITELY NOT A REAL DC CHARACTER. ]

"There's no time-"

"I already know why you're here, Bruce. The woman. She was taken, yes?"

"Yes. We have to track her down. She's too powerful to get into the wrong crowd." 

"Who took her?"

"I haven't encountered them before. Blue creatures, red veins, yellow eyes, and-"

"Blue creatures....red veins...." Se'ir whispered thoughtfully. 

"What do you know?" I demanded. 

"A lot. I might be able to give you a name. You do your homework and I'll do mine. Get all the information you can on Larson Mendel." [Larson Mendel is also made up. Not a DC character.]

========================================================

APHRODITE'S VIEW

I took a shower. I actually went in, stripped and took a shower. And it was nice and the bathroom was equally lavish. The guy was right. My wrists were completely healed, but I still had bruises on my arms from Barney's grip. There were towels and clothes. Tons of colorful dresses and toiletries. I'm talking curling irons, hairspray etc.  After I had taken good care of myself, washed my hair then flat-ironed it and soon enough, I was good to go. I stood in the room, not entirely sure how to summon the strange guy, so I just asked if anyone was there. And he was. He rose out of the ground and stood in front of me.

"How did you manage to get these items?"

"A...colleague assisted." He replied. 

"Well....thank you. And your colleague."

"You are welcome." He replied. Suddenly he was staring intensely at me. "By the gods!" He boomed loudly and I jumped then clutched my chest. "You. You are her. You have arrived! Goddess..!" He exclaimed and I frowned. Not this shit again.

"No, no...you have the wrong human. I'm not a goddess, I'm only named after one. Please let me go."  I pleaded. 

"You can't fool me. You....you're the one who murdered Dihram, my messenger You angered his brother into attempting to kill you. You possess a power, goddess. A rare and utterly wonderful power. We've waited for you. Forgive me for my earlier disrespect. I had no idea they found you so early in our cause."

"Enough with all this. I want answers." I demanded. I was becoming furious with all this bullshit. How did they gather information about me? This is even worse than Batman's database. 

"Of course, goddess. Follow me." He replied. As odd and disturbing as this was, I knew I had to take a chance and follow him. It was either I got some answers or I remained in the dark. I just hoped Batman was on his way. I could only cooperate for so long.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

-TheDarkKnight123