Chapter 35

THIRD PERSON VIEW

Bruce stood, his eyes trained on the unconcious figure infront of him. The woman he'd struggled to protect, the one that had invaded his thoughts, the one he cared so much for....unmoving...mysteriously forced into a coma. No one spoke for a while, Bruce's team especially. They knew more than anyone else there, the strong feelings he harbored for her. Bruce's first instinct was to caress her face and lace his fingers through hers, but he had to remember he was still in vigilante-mode. He would have to secure his feelings now for her sake and for the good of their operation.

"Nightwing, get the van here now." Bruce ordered immediately after snapping out of shock. Richard nodded briefly and sprinted out of the room to carry out Bruce's order. "When he gets back, I need Analise, Kathy and Ares to take Aphrodite to safety and sit tight. The rest of us will join you all. Stay as quiet as possible and follow Nightwing's orders. The last thing we need is to make any uneccessary noises."

"Understood." Kathy replied and motioned for Analise and Ares to help her move Aphrodite's bed towards their crash point. They moved quickly, stepping over medical equipment, crushing a few more bottles, but getting her out of the room successfully. Eric turned to face Bruce and Se'ir, his expression full of appreciation and a bit of curiousity.

"What are we to do?" He asked.

"You built these tunnels, guide us through. Lead us to the important rooms. A thorough search will be conducted before we can leave." Se'ir said and Eric nodded then motioned for them to follow him. He had a god amount of things to show them, starting with the weapons room...where he'd helped Xenos hide the levitating disc. He did most of the engineering for the device so it made sense that he'd be the one to destroy it. And that thought alone brought a satisfying smile to his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 MINUTES LATER....

They had arrived in the training room and Bruce and Se'ir were examining the room. They silently admitted it was impressive. Bruce started up the scanners on his gauntlets, to analyze the room for any explosive devices, or any destructive devices laying underneath the smooth flooring. His scan results were negative for the most part till he moved his arm to the left and it picked something up...behind the walls. He's best guess was that the mysterious object was the levitating disc. Se'ir and Bruce looked to each other, then to Eric.

"If you're looking for the discs we used...that day, it's right here." Eric said with a gentle sigh and walked towards the opposite them. One he reached the location, he ran his fingers across the smooth plastering till his index finger grazed a tiny bump, which he pressed quickly then stepped back. They could hear gears turn behind the plastering and ever so slightly, the wall slide out of position to reveal the prize. Bingo. The wide, transparent disc was supported by small hooks, each specifically created to carry its weight.

"Where did he get the tech to build this?" Se'ir whispered.

"Tech stolen from various companies." Bruce replied in an even tone and took a step forward to analyze the disc. One his gloved palms came in contact with the smooth surface of the disc, a small touch pad was revealed, demanding a passcode. He could choose to hack it and in the process, waste more time, or allow Eric to step in. Eric knew it was his turn to act when Batman and Se'ir turned to face him. He gently accepted to put in the passcode on the touch pad, which ended up being finger prints. The hooks made a clicking noise, which signaled that the disc was ready to be removed. Eric looked to Batman for further instruction.

"Disable it when we're out of here. We have to keep moving." He instructed and Eric nodded. Before they left, Bruce and Se'ir tossed small explosives on the weapons in the room. They were powerful enough to destroy the weapons but not enough to cause any foundation collapse.Eric, still carrying the disc, led them towards Xenos' room.