Ch. 5: I Hear You Knocking

The next morning, after Rae had fallen asleep after she muttered "The Hollow is here" and passed out again, I was talking to her in the compound, where she was still pretty shaken up.

I sat next to her, rubbing a hand on her back soothingly. "It's okay, Rae. Do you remember what you said to me last night before you went back to sleep?" Rae looked up at me, nodding. "You wanna tell me what you mean by that? What did you see in your dream?"

Rae took a deep, nervous breath, sighing. "I saw Klaus... and another man... fighting in a house... near the blue light. You and Freya were there. The blue light tried to take all of you."

I shook my head in confusion. "Another man?" I remembered the sacrifice when Klaus and Marcel were trapped in the circle of fire. "You mean Marcel. You saw Klaus... and Marcel fighting." Rae nodded, looking nervous. I took a deep breath. "How bad is it, Rae? The fight?"

Rae didn't answer, leading me to believe that the fight was brutal.

I sighed worriedly, shaking my head, looking down.

    *********

I went to tell Klaus about Rae's dream, walking with him through the compound.

"Hayley and Elijah will be taking Hope to the bayou," Klaus told me. "Hayley offered to take Rae with her. You should go with them. I'll be right behind you. Our daughters nearly died. I need to know that the threat to them is over."

"Not without me," I told him. "I need to know my child is safe, mine and yours. I can't just leave, not knowing if they're in danger or not, and the same with you. And after what Rae just told me about her dream, I'm not leaving."

Klaus was slightly amused with my stubbornness and concern, but a little exasperated because I didn't want to leave. "So a child's nightmare has you worried for my safety."

"Rae is psychic, which means she can see things that we can't, and her dreams have never been wrong before," I told him.

"Well, she's not wrong," Klaus told me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Klaus sighed, looking down. "I've been seeing visions of Mikael, haunting me, taunting me to go after Marcel." I looked at him in surprise, not knowing what to say. "I need to call Freya. She might be able to help with this."

    *********

Klaus, Freya and I were standing in the bell tower.

Klaus was having Freya test his blood with magic.

"Tell me again what happened at this ritual," Freya told us.

"Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, Marcel, Vincent and I fought evil and we saved children," I told her. "We should be given a medal."

"Instead, I've been infected by some depraved ghost," Klaus told us. 

"Well, I know purging spells and cleansing rituals, so I can fix this," Freya told us. She looked at Klaus. "In the meantime, have you considered that you're not the only one infected?"

"Rae saw you and Marcel fighting in her dream," I told him. "Marcel was exposed, as well."

Freya nodded in agreement. "In your visions, our father's goading you to kill your enemy. If Marcel is seeing something similar..."

"Then we're all on the chopping block," Klaus told us.

"Freya, can you purify Marcel, too?" I asked.