Chapter 2

The next day at school Melanie was sitting in class when Nahla and Maddie came to tell her that both Dean and Henrie had asked them out and they had both said yes. She was happy for both of them today Camilla was sitting Justin and she was alone, she got through classes and then she went home.

The next day in class she was sitting with Nahla and she was telling her all her and Henrie had done the previous day “He is so sweet, he said the nicest things and most of all we had loads of fun” “Yeah tell me about it” Nahla sensed something was wrong “Olala whats wrong”

“Nothing”

 “Is it because Camilla, Maddie and I all have boyfriends and you don’t” she shrugged “Just drop it, let’s go” they left the class and headed to the cafeteria as they were walking Henrie was there “Hey Nahla come here I wanna show you something” she looked at Melanie and felt guilty “It’s okay, go on” she went and sat on the bench and started thinking “Penny for your thoughts” she shook her head “Please I don’t need this its already hard enough with your girlfriend pestering my life pleases” “Wait hold up what did you say” “I said...” “I know I don’t have a girlfriend okay” “Please just let it go” and she walked away from him and headed home.

In class the next day “Pool party at my place” Nahla said standing on a chair  as she sat Melanie turned to her

“Your parents don’t know do they”

“Actually they do, they’re out of the country but I asked them”

 “Okay I’ll be the one in the black two piece” she laughed and she went to look for Camilla

“Hey babes were going to Nahla’s after school, pool party”

 “Okay, I have to go tell Justin”

 “See you there”. Melanie went home and dressed up, she wore her black two piece under her shorts and a tank top and she headed out to Nahla’s. At the house she went upstairs to change, Nahla’s sister Jay Lee was away at school in Spain. Melanie came down stairs and met Nahla “I told you I’d be the one in the two piece” and she jumped into the pool as she swam she bumped into Sean again “Hey” he said “Hello” “You wanna dance?” she didn’t want any awkwardness so she said yes, they got out of the pool and headed to the area where people were dancing he pulled her close and they danced, after a while they sat down and started talking, he played with her hands and she let him “Lets take a walk” they walked down into the hedges he turned and looked down at her and he bent to kiss her “Stop I don’t want this I only want to be friends” and she walked away. “Justin Grey what the hell is wrong with Sean” she said as she cornered Justin and Camilla “What did he do” “He fucking tried to kiss me” “Your joking right” “I’m serious” “All right calm down I’ll talk to him” she turned to Camilla “I’m going home see you at school tomorrow”

Justin cornered Sean later that evening “I thought she wasn’t your type”

“She’s not”

 “Then why were you trying to kiss her”

 “I was just messing around”

“Look if your gonna fuck around don’t fuck around with Melanie ok she’s Camilla’s friend and if Melanie’s upset then Camilla’s upset and I don’t want that okay”

 “Fine I won’t mess around with her”

 “Good.”

Melanie was at home the next day she was feeling lonely because all her friends were on dates and she was stuck home. There was a knock on the door  and her mum came in “Hi mummy” she said looking up “Hey sweetie, what’s wrong” she shook her head