Chapter 1

(Lavi's POV)

"Hey Lavi! We have to go to Komui's office when we're done eating with Lenalee," the boy with white hair and a scare over his right eye.

"Okay Allen." I went back to eating my food.

After we finished eating, we headed to Komui's office. When we got there, Lenalee was standing there already.

"Hello Lenalee!" Allen said with a smile.

"Time to give you guys your mission," Komui said. Then... "I'm so sorry I have to send you out too Lenalee!" He was hugging Lenalee, crying. We all sweat-drop.

"Come on brother, just give us the mission."

After he composed himself, he gave us our mission. "You guys are going to Wildeash to scope the area for innocence."

"Wildeash? That's a strange name" I said.

"We don't know where the name came from but yes, it is strange." Komui said. "Now get going, the sooner you go the sooner you can get back."

We headed out to our mission.

-time skip to Butteroak-

The train stopped in Butteroak. "Why couldn't it have went all the way to Wildeash?" I said in annoyance. Then I seen a cute girl. "STRIKE! She is totally my type!" I went to go flirt with her but Allen grabbed my shirt puling me back. "Allen! That's the fifth time you did that! Stop it!"

"Come on Lavi, we need to get to Wildeash." I sighed and Allen walked over to a few stands and asked how to get to Wildeash. He came back.

"We are only 30 minutes from Wildeash by walking. Let's go" he said.

We started our journey to Wildeash to find innocence. "Why did Komui send us on this mission again?" Allen asked.

"Were you not paying attention?" Lenalee sighed. "We are going because a Finder said that while he was observing the town, a hoard of Akuma went in, an explosion was heard, and they never came back."

"Creepy..." Allen said, shuddering. I laughed at him.

After we walked for almost 30 minutes, we came across the town. "It looks dark and abandoned. Are you guys sure this is it?" I asked.

"Hey, over here." We looked over and noticed a Finder was crouched behind a tree.

Allen said "Hey! We're here." We walk over to him and he tells us about the situation, most of it we already heard.

"It seems like an easy enough mission," I said.

When we walked into the town, we split into different directions. Lenalee went left, Allen went straight, and I went right.

As I walked, movement down one of the alleys caught my attention. I looked to see if I could get a glimpse of the thing but the alley was too dark to see. So I decided to get closer to the thing. I made it half way to the creature before I fell and everything went black.

I didn't trip, the ground beneath my feet opened up and swallowed me. I didn't faint either, there was no light at all where ever I ended up at.

"Ow! My head..." I said when I went to stand up. As I tried again, the dizziness that I felt caused me to fall on my ass again.

"Hello," a voice said. I looked up to see a cloaked figure standing above me. "Why are you here, exorcist?" I stiffened as he called me an exorcist and stood up holding my hammer ready.

"H-Hello there," I said casually. The person was shorter than me but hid his face under the cloak. "I don't believe it is any of your business as to why I'm here."