I blushed, "They're not that great, but thank you. These aren't my best work." It was the truth, all my best paintings went under my pop up and sold for thirty dollars which people ate up. 

"Well jeez, you're best must be amazing."

I smiled and thanked her then cleaned up a little bit so the boys could sit somewhere while Addison helped me with picking a suit like she had suggested. We ended up choosing an olive green bikini and regular jean shorts to wear. I decided that this trip was probably for the best, I did want to see  Carins more up close and personal and to finally go somewhere where I can soak the sun on my skin and smell that ocean breeze. I took one last look at my artistic living room before walking out the door and we were off. 

I had offered to drive since I hadn't taken a ride in my jeep in over two weeks and the trio didn't seem to mind. Cooper called me a natural beach goer since I had a Jeep wrangler up my sleeve to which I chuckled. Addison directed me through the crowded streets to Palm Cove which was about fifteen minutes from our side of town. I glanced out the passenger window as we drove up the coast, I started to get excited.

I parked the Jeep and popped the back open letting Sydney jump down ready for Cooper to take her leash into his hand. Addison gleamed with eagerness as her eyes looked over the waves in front of us and declared that this is one of her favorite beaches to come to. Cooper commented, "Wow, it is a great view."

I cackled to myself.

But it was a great view. The sand was almost a perfect white and the sea was a beautiful light blue that I've never seen so up close before. I definitely felt like I was in a tropical atmosphere, where my worries could disappear and happiness can enter my soul with ease. This is one of the other reasons I escaped here to Carins, I was tired of the outback life. Too red, too hot, too close to family. 

We set up a little spot on the pearly sand and discovered that the beach wasn't as crowded as we had anticipated for a sunny Friday morning, but we didn't complain. The wind breezed through my brunette hair and I stretched my arms above my head for a stretch. I looked at my companions, Addison and Cooper were joking to one another and Noah was chuckling with them.

I thought I could get used to them, maybe even come to like to them.

"Do you surf, Soph?" Addison asked, to which I smiled at the nickname once again. I pulled my lip downward like it was being tugged by a hook and hulled my shoulders up, "Oh, its been about two years since I've caught a wave." 

"Think you can still ride, though?" she asked with hope in her voice as she scooped her own white board under her armpit. Although I was nervous to grab a board myself, I did. 

Addison and I walked side by side after we told the boys we'd be back in about ten minutes. The water reached my ankles and nerves started streaming through me, but I kept walking. I didn't know what was coming over me, at home if I was with any guy and I was told to surf, I would giggle softly and make up an excuse and say, "Oh, I'll just watch." But here I was, the sea up to knees and I was about to surf in front of two model material guys who had their eyes on me- well, one guy.

Before I knew it, my stomach rested against my surfboard and I paddled with my arms over a wave with Addison on my right. She caught the first one, effortlessly bouncing onto her feet and even cutting off the top a couple times before slightly losing her balance and letting the ocean take her in. She surfaced about fifty feet from where I was floating and held up a hang loose on her hand to which I wooed at.

It was my turn.

I glanced over to where Cooper and Noah were lounging on the beach and their faces glanced in my direction. I waited for a good wave to arrive, which took about two tries, then I knew it was time. As the crest grew taller, I turned towards the shore and paddled frantically before trying to stand up. I barely gained my balance before it crashed and the board beneath my feet began to bump with the movement of the water but I controlled my stance.