Mrs. His

Have you ever been in one of those moods, when you want to hug everyone you see and hear someone you love, talk your ear off?

Well, that's how I'm feeling right now. Who better to share it with, than your best friend? 

I called my guy best friend over. Okay, he's my only friend. And he's the one I love. If we ever dated, it'd be a goofy relationship. It already is!

Ding, dong!

"Cameron!! Logan is here!" My older sister, Vanessa, calls plainly. She doesn't like Logan very much on account of him being 'obnoxious'.

"Send him up!" I call distractedly. Currently, I'm doing my last nail. I'm painting it pink for breast cancer. My mom had it, and died 2 years ago. Now it's just my dad, Vanessa, and me.

My door opens moments later, in walking the man of the hour. He has shaggy brown hair, wandering blue eyes, and a permanent half-smile on his adorable face.

"Hey you," He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek. I giggle out spite of myself.

"Hey yourself, why do you get here so fast?" I tease. "Eager?"

"It's called 'I live across the street', smarty." Logan's smile widens into an amused one.

Oh yeah, our windows are across from each other. One part, lovely, another part disturbing to know each of us could be sleeping and the other not...

"Anyways, suuuup?" Logan jumps on my bed, and squeezes in beside me. It's no secret that we've slept in this very bed more than a dozen times. Not in that way, perve.

"Painting my nails, wanna join?"

Logan makes an 'are you kidding me?' face, which involves him scrunching up his nose in this adorable way. "I'll pass," He says slowly.

I shrug and go back to my nails. In my mind, I'm thinking of a way to tell him I love him more than just a friend.

"I love you," He sings randomly, as if reading my mind.

I put the cap back on the bottle, and turn my whole body over to face Logan. Our noses touch. "I love you more!"

"Impossible." Logan presses his forehead to mine. Our blue eyes meet sincerely.

"Forever possible." I want to kiss him at this moment. But I know he'll pull away and laugh like it was a joke.

We stay in that same position for five minutes. His arm lazily slung over my waist, our legs tangled together, and our foreheads and noses touching intimately.

The thing is we do this on a regular base. Given that we've known each other since diaper times.

 "We should go to the park." He randomly suggest.

I smile. "You seem to read my mind all the time."

The park is our hangout spot. Most teens go to the mall; we hang out on the swings. Or on the see-saw. Either way...we love the park. Our park.

We arrive, and there isn't a soul there, besides the friendly hobo named Tim who lay asleep on the red, plastic slide.

"Race ya!" I yell, which probably woke up Tim.

"You're on!" And we take off.

Logan wins, as usual. He beats me by a long shot every day since I'm short, and he's partly short but still has longer legs than me.

"I win again!" Logan triumphs to the left, me going to the right.

"As always." I'm partly annoyed by his change of mood, but that's Logan for you. But I love him regardless.

I blow my stubborn blond bangs out of my eyes out of sheer frustration to not be able to kiss him.

"Aw, don't be a sore loser." Logan laughs softly.

"I'm not..." I say like a kid.

 "You're so cute, you know that?" He shakes his head with that half-smile.

"You tell me every day." I point out.

 "Not on the days I don't see you." Logan pokes me in my side playfully. "Lighten up, I have good news!"

"What?" I sigh, letting out the pent up frustration.

"I'm in love." He says seriously.

My heart punches my chest. Hard. My brain goes dizzy, and the park is spinning. "W-who?" I struggle to keep my voice even.

"It's this girl. She's so beautiful. I love her giggles, and her eyes. I just don't know how to tell her I love her."

I grip the chains on the swings a little harder. "Who is it?"

He ignores my question and looks at the blue sky with admiring eyes. "You don't know her, she's my...my everything."

 "She must pretty special." I croak. When did this girl come, anyways?

"She is." He nods, turning back to me. His eyes are almost longing. Not to me, that's for sure.

"Why not tell this girl?"

"I love you?" Logan asked.

"Yeah."

Logan looks me dead in the eyes, stares at me a little closer, opens his mouth and says, "I just did."