Elaine & Kalani

"Alright alright!" Kalani slammed the front door to her house shut, muffling her family behind it. She sighed, pulling the scarf she had around her neck closer to her. Kalani had decided to at least eat someones soul before she went on with her life. Her family has been nagging at her since she was born to eat someone. And now that she was basically an adult, they were nagging her even more.

'You need to fulfill your duty as one of the most respected and ancient creatures in the world, Kalani! You can't just turn your back on your roots! You must start hunting now, or you'll never be respected as a succubus- Don't roll your eyes young lady!' Kalani rolled her eyes again just thinking about that fight she had with her mother last night. She shook her head, I can just pick a person who doesn't seem important to our society. Yeah, I can do this. Kalani quickly made her way down the rock road in front of her house, occasionally pulling down her black, skin tight dress. She had to at least look somewhat sexy, right?

When she reached the town, she noticed how alive it looked. "Woah" she breathed it all in, looking up at the fairy lights hanging from building to building; all the little shops in every corner with happy and mad customers; the tall buildings who smiled down at her, as if offering a warm, hot chocolate mug. Kalani very much enjoyed the night time here in Jantzen, it was a beautiful sight she could never forget. She smiled, taking off her scarf and letting her hair down from the pony tail she had it in.

Even after thousands of years, a succubus greatest weapon was still their hair. You see, when these magnificent creatures let down their hair, they also let out magic. The magic stretches out, reaching everything and everybody around them. And sure enough, Kalani instantly got a lot of stares. Men, women, creatures, even dogs turned to look at her. God. How is mother used to this? Kalani shrugged off any 'negative' thought trying to creep into her mind and plastered a smile on her face. She used her magic to make her already-short dress even shorter, and making the low cut in between her breasts even lower.

Kalani pushed back the urge to gag, walking down the narrow street with confidence she didn't even know she had. She waved and smile at anyone who tried to approach her, trying to keep herself from bumping into any person. After all, one touch from her in this state could end your life. Her stilettos made her look even more confident, which also made more heads turn to stare. Kalani sighed in relief as she spotted a familiar bar in the corner of the street.

This bar, called Elixir, was the first from the many bars Kalani's parents took her. Even thought the sight of it stirred some unpleasant memories, she pushed them away and walked in. She quickly spotted a corner booth and made her way to it. She sat down, trying to ignore the hungry stares the workers gave her. Once she was seated and fake eyeing her menu, given to her a by a drooling waitress, she took in her surroundings.

The bar was rather small, it could only hold up to 40 people at once. The counter was round; six stools in front of it and two workers behind it. It seemed that this place didn't quite have a lot of booze as the first time Kalani came here. Most of the booths were made from leather and some fancy wood Kalani had forgotten the name about. In fact, almost everything in here was made of that wood, except maybe for the bar stools, and everything behind the counter. The entrance to this place was big enough so only two people could come through it at once, even with the wooden doors open all the way. As she was scanning everyone who came in, her eyes stopped on an interesting creature.

The woman, or so Kalani thought, was a walking flame. Her hair was dark red; her skin glowed orange; her eyes, lord her eyes. It was as if the woman had rubies instead of eyeballs. Kalani watched as the woman waved at the bartender and sat down on one of the corner stools in front of the counter. Kalani couldn't take her eyes away, she was simply mesmerizing. Kalani thought that she was looking at one of her own, only other succubus can make her feel as if she was the one being hunted. But no, this creature was not a succubus and Kalani believed it once she saw that the woman had no horns and tail, and that she was basically spewing flames out of her arms. Certainly, no succubus can do that.