Tug Of War: Revenge

CHAPTER 2

It felt as if my heart had been torn in two pieces, but somehow I knew it was coming. I knew Drew would do something that would destroy me, break me down and crush every memory of us.

I stood frozen with my back against the door letting my tears run down my cheeks and make puddles on the floor, I stopped and sighed as I walked my way to my bedroom realizing I had to tell my best friend Lily what had just happened.

Lily and I had been together ever since Pre School, we were best friends and always did everything together until I met Drew. After graduation we didn’t get to see each other as much since Lily had moved to California and left me behind. I still love her and talk to her when I can.

I couldn’t bare it any longer so I walked straight into the room where Drew was still sleeping; he looked so innocent and sweet in his sleep. I didn’t want to hurt him yet so I grabbed his phone and walked out. I stomped across the hall and entered the bathroom where I began to read his texts which were all to the girl he had been cheating on me with.

‘Where can I meet u tonight?’-Drew

‘I miss u so much!’-Drew

‘Can't wait to see you later’-Drew

As I read each of his texts a small headache formed in the back of my head growing bigger and bigger, I couldn’t wait any longer but had to call Lily.

I got my phone out of my pocket and dialled her number as fast as lightening, I was panicking as I couldn’t think of a way to tell her what Drew had done to me. After a few rings Lily picked up.

“Hi Hayley we haven’t talked in days, how are you?” she said in a cheerful way.

“Lily, I…”I sobbed as I tried telling her but couldn’t as I couldn’t bare the pain.

I swallowed my spit and took a deep breath hoping it would go easy.

“Hayley, what’s wrong?” Lily asked on the phone, she began to get curious and I knew she would be worried.

“Lily I wish you were here, I miss you so much!” I cried

I waited for her response so I could tell her clearly what had happened but for some reason the words just didn’t want to escape my mouth.

“Hayley, tell me what happened!” Lily questioned me with a harsh tone.

“Lily…Drew’s …cheating on me,” I gasped as I told her, it felt like my world was going to erupt.

I began to cry as Lily was silenced on the phone for a few seconds, until finally she spoke.

“Hayley, OH MY GOSH im so sorry I wish I was there with you right now, I HATE HIM!” she yelled on the phone.

I wiped my tears away and put my hair behind my ears.

“It’s not your fault Lily, I wish you were here too … what do I do?” I asked her as confusion was running through my mind.

I knew if I got too emotional Lily would fly down to San Francisco just to see me, so I calmed myself down and talked to her quietly on the phone so I wouldn’t wake Drew up.

“Hayley kick him out of your house, destroy him, get rid of him and make sure he remembers it!” she yelled with a harsh tone.

The last thing I wanted to ever do was hurt someone but Drew hurt me so I had to get some kind of revenge.

“Lily…what shall I do?” I asked her as I tried seeking for answers.

“Are you kidding me, Hayley kick him out of your house first!” she told me with a heavy tone and a sigh.