Chapter 5

Tuesday

I woke up angry mainly from the night before. I Know that I had to confide in someone or else I was gonna explode

.I checked my phone first thing when I woke up hoping that I got a text or Something but nothing showed up on my home screen. I am not the type to chase after anyone but it was something about Nathan that made me want more.

I threw on some sweat pants a Hollister hoodie and some black converse and headed out the door. I sat in the car for at least 10 minutes before I walked into the building. I automatically Went up to Juan and Emily Hoping someone would listen.

“Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed.”

“He clearly wasn’t fashionably late.” Emily added after Juan

“Guys I’m not in the best mood.”

“Well what happen.” A look of curiosity overcame them

“I think Nathan and My sister are dating.” I said holding back the emotions

  They both let out a huge gasp.

“That Bitch.” I didn’t even know Emily had it in her to swear I mean she is a Hardcore Christian

“I told you to be straight up and ask him the question but see ash you heated around the bush and now you’re hurt.”

Juan said Scolding me in a maternal tone

“Well he’s now scum.” I said

“Well to get your mind off of things we should go shopping.”

“Say around 6:30 ish?”

For the short amount of time I knew Emily I could tell that our friendship was headed in the right direction.

“Sure Text me Im heading to Algebra.” I Said moping away from them.

Algebra went by faster than I can say Algebra. Then I realized that I have my next class with Nathan. I went to Drama with a timid look on my face not knowing what I was about get myself into. Finally I beat him to class but only by a split second.

I took my seat and sure enough he sat right beside me. Mrs.Russo soon instructed everyone to get with their partners. That made things 10x more awkward. We couldn’t even look at each other.

“Discuss the plot of you story and be ready with a full script on friday.” She said. “Great.” I thought in my head now I’m forced to speak to him.

10 minutes in our awkward moment of silence. I got a text from him saying “I’m sorry.”. I looked at him before responding. “No you and my sister are made for each other both perfect and not considering anyone else’s feelings but yourselves.”. Im guessing that text made him a little angry.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you things are just so complicated if you want I can explain everything you want to know to you.”. 

In my head I was saying “So we are just gonna text all class period.”. I just wanted to know why wouldn’t he just tell me he wasn’t into me. “Why did you lead me on?” I replied 

  This time he Spoke out loud.

“I like you Ash things are just complicated and I want to explain it to you but you’re being so stubborn.”

     What he said instantly filled my heart with joy but I didn’t let it show. I could see juan out the corner of my eye listening to every detail.

    “Your sister came onto me and I didn’t want to let her down.”. That was such a shit explanation but I couldn’t get over the fact that he said he liked me.

 The bell rang and it was lunch time. “Can I come over?” He said with a lot of hope in his eyes. “Sorry not today I’m suppose to be going somewhere with Emily and Juan today maybe tomorrow.” I uttered.

The rest of the day was completely pointless.

When I got home I thought about the idea of bailing Emily and Juan but I had never put to much thought into the idea. Luckily I didn’t have to encounter Ashley.  “Okay we’ll be outside Nordstrom.” The text I read from Emily came in so quick.I got ready in a hurry and wore my favorite fall sweater.

I got into my car and sped of the driveway. When I got in front of Nordstrom they were no where to be found. “I guess they went to the foot court.” I thought to myself. I waited for them to come back and they soon returned after what felt like hours.

“We were looking for you.” Juan said chewing his pretzel

Emily soon added “So I heard about you and Nathans moment in class today.”

“Well I have news for you guys.” I began smiling from ear to ear

“Nathan said he Liked me!”

My smile began to fade once I saw my friends weren’t happy for me.

Their jaws were on the floor “Whats going on?” I gestured while furrowing my eyebrows.

All juan had to do was point his eyebrows in the direction that was so daunting.

What I saw truly stunned me. Soon I had the same expression but mine had a more of a disappointed look.

Nathan and Ashley sucking each others faces.

“This is the moment.” I plotted in my head “The moment of confrontation.”