Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Millie's POV

My head was pounding as I rolled over in bed to check the time. 7:15. I groaned, slowly getting up out of bed. I caught a glimpse of the sun, which only made my headache worse.

"Shit," I muttered, closing my eyes.

I slowly got myself ready for school and headed downstairs. I grabbed my backpack and started making my way to the front door when my dad stopped me.

"Aren't you gonna eat breakfast, kiddo?"

"Oh, I just- I think I'm gonna buy something at school."

"Are you feeling alright?" My mom asked.

"Perfectly fine," I slowly nodded, "I'll see you guys later, love you!"

Once I had arrived at school, I immediately went to my locker. I rested my head on the front of my locker with my eyes closed.

"Rough night?" Finn approached me, smiling.

"Funny, Wolfhard," I lifted my head and flipped my hair with my hand. He pecked me on the lips and hugged me, resting his chin on top of my head.

"We're gonna figure this all out, I promise," he whispered.

I backed up and looked at him straight in the eye, shaking my head. "There's nothing to figure out, Finn," my throat began to tighten up, "it is what it is."

"I just don't want anything to happen to you, Millie," he gave me a worried look.

I looked down, not wanting anyone to see me crying. "Nothing's gonna happen to me, Finn," my voice breaking.

"Can you just promise me one thing?"

I looked at him, tears spilling out of my eyes.

"Can you promise me that you'll come to me, for anything? When you're sad or you need someone to talk to or... or just anything?" I noticed the hurt in his eyes, and how concerned he truly was. I nodded and looked back to the ground.

"I, um, I need to go," I shook my head crying. I wiped my face with my sleeve and quickly began walking away when he gently grabbed on to my arm.

"Wait, do you want me to walk you to class?"

"No I just- I need to go, I'll talk to you later," I wiped away my tears once more, and quickly walked to the bathroom. I went into an empty bathroom stall and sat down, burying my head in my hands. Knowing nobody was in there, I cried even harder. What's wrong with me? Why was I doing this to him?

Finn's POV

After many long, slow classes, it was finally the end of school. As the final bell rang, I ran out of class quickly to go find Millie. At the other end of the hallway, I noticed her heading towards the main entrance. I ran down the hallway to catch up with her, pushing past the crowd of people.

"Mills!" I shouted from behind her. She quickly turned around and looked at me, playing with her fingers.

"I'm sorry I was gonna wait for you, I just, I needed some fresh air."

"Don't be sorry, let's just get out of here," I smiled.

I wrapped my arm around her tightly, and she rested her hand on her shoulder, interlacing her fingers with mine. As we walked out of the building and down the steps, I tried my best to cheer up. I didn't realize how much I missed her laugh until she giggled, still looking down at the ground.

We were cutting across the basketball court, where some groups of people were, when we heard someone whistle.

"Looking good today, Millie," Jaeden smirked.