Chapter 3

{Sorry this is a short one!}

Chapter 3:

Millie's POV

It was now Friday, just after noon, when me, Sadie, Caleb, and Finn all took a seat at the lunch table- who knows where Gaten was. As I took my lunch out of my bag, I overheard Caleb and Sadie talking about their date happening later tonight.

"So I'll pick you up at 8, alright?"

"I'll be ready," Sadie smiled.

"So where are you two lovebirds even going?" I teased.

"Just to dinner on the boardwalk, we'll probably walk around a little and just hang out," Caleb responded.

While I talked to them, I noticed Finn looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

"Wait, I have an idea," Sadie smiled, "you two should come." She looked at me then over at Finn.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Caleb agreed.

"Um, no I don't think-"

"Oh come on," Sadie cut me off, "it'll be your first time out in over a week, and it also gives you a chance to get to know Finn better."

"So like a double date?" Finn questioned.

"Exactly."

I hesitated.

"I just got back, I don't think I'm read-"

"It'll be fun, Millie," Sadie reassured me.

"Yeah, you guys should definitely come," Caleb added.

Finn looked over at me.

"Well, I guess I'll go, I mean, if you guys really want me to." He said. I could hear the sarcasm in his voice, knowing he actually did wanna go.

By now, all eyes were on me.

"I-I guess I'll go," I agreed.

Both Sadie and Caleb smiled, and Finn continued to stare at me, the right side of his mouth curling up slightly.

What did Sadie just get me into?

---------------------

We were at Sadie's house when she had just finished putting the finishing touches on my makeup. She didn't put much on me, but enough to cover any imperfections. She took a step back and inspected my face, smiling.

"Wow," she laughed, "you look hot."

I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"No, I'm serious!" She argued back.

Because both of our makeup was now done, she starting putting the makeup back into her bag. She paused for a second, looking up at me.

"So, what do you think of Finn so far?" She asked.

"I don't know... I mean, he's pretty cute, I guess," I muttered.

Sadie smiled and resumed back to what she was doing.

"But I don't even know that much about him."

She looked up at me once more.

"That's what tonight is for," she looked up and winked.

"I still can't believe you did that to me at lunch," I said.

"Oh Millie, come on. You don't think I notice you guys staring at each other? Inviting you and Finn was totally a part of the plan."

"Caleb was in on it?" I was shocked. They put this entire plan together without giving me a heads up?

"Duh," she said sarcastically.

I began anxiously playing with my fingers- an old nervous habit of mine.

"Millie, it's gonna be fun, I promise. Just let loose, and enjoy yourself."

Both of our heads shot up when we heard the doorbell ring. I looked up at the clock, realizing it was 7:58 already.

I hardly even know Finn. I know nothing other than his name and the fact that he's good-looking. He doesn't even know me, either- so why did he agree to this date so quickly? Whatever he was up to, I knew that he would never like a girl like me- no one is capable of loving someone as damaged as I am.