Chapter Twenty: Road Trip

Start from the beginning

I once more crawled into the small backseat, feeling even more weird about the circumstances than before.

Steve got into the drivers side, taking off quickly, well as quick as the car could go without imploding on itself.

"I am going to get it all out of him," I sent Steve in a brain message, not wanting to let this moment go to waste. Who knew how much time I had where I could actually talk to Bucky.

"Don't push too hard," Steve told me.

"I have to, otherwise how will I know about my past?" I exclaimed this time, not letting up. I knew I couldn't otherwise I would regret it. "You said you were with me till the end, right?"

"You know I am," Steve sent back, his eyes flickering towards mine in the mirror once more. I could see the questioning in his blue eyes, I'm sure he could see the determination in mine.

"I need to know about everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly. He is the only person I know who can tell me right now. Apparently we were close, I don't know how, but we were," I told Steve, not holding anything back.

"Just don't push too hard okay? I understand why you need this, but don't hurt yourself getting there," he told me, I could sense the concern.

I gave him a nod in the mirror, trying to let him know I would be okay. He then turned up the radio up front, trying to distract Sam so Bucky and I could talk some.

"So what do you know?" I asked him, eyes forcing him to look at me now. There was an uncomfortable air about him. "What can you tell me?"

"Other than what you already know?" Bucky asked me, I nodded. "Well you know about the killings, although I'm sure you don't know the extent. But, you fought them all the time Morgan, you tried to get them to stop. You were better than any of us."

"But, I still did their bidding, all the time. I couldn't have been that good if I killed hundreds, maybe even thousands of people for them," I told him, feeling impatient.

"It's true you killed a lot, so have I, but you also took out a lot of their own. Even before your time on the Avengers. Any time you were in between sessions, you would wipe out tens of them," he told me, looking more and more comfortable talking to me.

"You also said we were close?" I asked him, getting to the conversation we had started earlier. "What did you mean?"

"I saw you as a close friend, like a sister," he told me, starting to look away now. "That is when my mind wasn't in a blender. Or when yours wasn't. You were my sanity in there, when we had breaks in sessions, in our cells, well you kept me feeling like human."

Then it was like another memory came flooding back in, hitting me like a freight train.

I had been thrown into one of the small cells, the cold cement feeling rough against my skin. I was in a small t-shirt and shorts, my hair braided into a mess. I ran at the bars, reaching out a hand, choking the man who had thrown me in. His eyes went blank as he fell into a heap on the ground.

"Bastards," I muttered under my breathe, walking to the back of my cell. I turned, looking between the bars, separating me and my cell mate. I felt a small sense of relief when I saw who it was, Bucky.

"Rough day?" he asked, there was a darkness to the sarcastic question.

"Oh it was all sunshine and rainbows," I told him, rubbing the side of my head. I looked down and saw the red stain on my hand. "They wouldn't let up today, no matter how many I sent flying into that damn wall."

"Fighting doesn't help," Bucky told me, looking down at the floor.

"Being there puppet doesn't help either," I reminded him, he chuckled now.

"I don't know how you do it Mo-mo," he told me, smiling at me. Although it was a broken smile, all that we could ever muster. "Always fighting."

"It's who I am."

My eyes shot back open, Steve was leaning over me now. His eyes full of concern. His hands were cupping both sides of my face when I woke up. As soon as my eyes opened his arms were wrapped around me in a hug.

"Are you okay?" he asked me quickly.

"You had us worried," Sam told me, his own eyes filled with worry.

"I'm fine, I'm fine," I told him, the small memory I had giving me some sort of clarity. Some sort of reassurance of myself. "A little more than fine."

I looked over at Bucky, I mouthed a thank you. He gave me a smile, something that I now felt closer to.

"What do you mean?" he asked me, giving me a peculiar look. I'm sure he was just as surprised as me, my attitude being brighter than it has been since the incident.

"I'll show you," I told him, placing both of my hands on the side of his face. Showing him everything I had remember, everything I had seen.

I pulled back once the memory was done, I looked at Steve's face. Worried over his reaction, not knowing what he would think.

"I knew you were a fighter Mrs. Rogers," he told me, kissing me quickly, earning a groan from both Sam and Bucky. When we pulled apart I noticed we were in a small parking garage.

Then, it was time to meet some new friends.

-A/N oh my gosh I'm so excited for you all to read this chapter! I worked really hard on this one.!

Also I have two QOTC:
1. What did you think of Morgans flashback?
2. Would anyone be interested in an Avengers Imagine book?

Please let me know! You all are always so awesome answering my questions! As always if you enjoyed please leave a vote or comment! All are super appreciated -