Sanskar-I make custom furniture.& u?
Sahil-I'm an attorney.
He said with,a certain authoritative tone to his voice.He even seemed to stand up straighter.
Sahil-It was nice to meet u,Sanskar,& if you're a friend of Swara's,you're a friend of mine.(Lier😠)
Sankar-Actually,Swara & I are little mire than friends.
Sanskar slipped his arm aroungmd her houlder.She stiffened & looked up at him,but he watched Sahil's reaction & wasn't surprised when he saw jealously surface in the Sahil's eyes as he honed in on Sanskar's arm😂😂.
Sahil-I didn't mean to step any toes.(said smoothly).
Sahil-Swara & I have been friends about 2 yrs now,& we help each other out every now & again.
Swara-Mostly u help me,& I appreciate eveything u do.
Sanskar-Help with what?
Sahil-Nothing much.I do little things for her,like help her move furniture or even something as simple as replacing the light bulb on her porch.
He looked pointed at Swara.She groaned.

Swara-I know,I need to go to the hardware store & pick up the light bulb.
Sahil-When u buy it,let me know,& I'll bring over my step ladder & install it for u like I did last time.
Sanskar-No need.I'll help her with that.
Sahil-Of course.(smiled tightly)I'll leave u two alone.Have a gud evening.

Sanskar watched him walk down the steps & turn toward the building where he'd noticed someone peeking through the curtain.Swara closed the door & locked up.

They were both silent as they descended the steps.The cool night air brushed over them on the way to Sanskar's car.
"Swara,one more thing..." Sahil called out.
Sahil-We're still on a week from Saturday,right?
Swara-Uh,Yes.
Actually she looked uncomfortable.
Sahil-Good,our law firm is having a party.
He explained to Sanskar.
Sahil-We recently bought a new building.Saturday night is the night we chose to do sort of a pre-open-house open house to show it off to friends & family.He refocussed on Swara.
We'll catch up about the details next week,Goodbye,Sanskar.

Sanskar & Swara continued to his car & remained silent until he'd pulked out of the parking lot.
Swara-Did u have to make that comment back there about us being more than friends?
Sanskar-We are.
Swara-I don't need my business broadcast to everyone in my neighborhood.
Sanskar-It was only Sahil.
Swara-My private life is private & I didn't like it when you said that.I don't even know what that means--more than friends.
Sanskar-It means I don't want u to go to a party with him on Saturday night.Does that clarify it for u? (Gripping the steering wheel)
Swara-It's not a date,Sanskar,& we made those plans months ago.
She sounded annoyed.
Sanskar-If u dress up & go out with a man who's not related to you,it's a date.Were u even going to tell me?
Swara-Tell u what?That I'm going out with one of my friends?U won't even be in town that weekend.

He looked at her out of the corner of his eyes.Her arms were crossed.
Sanskar-Did u ever have more than a friendship with him?
Swara-Why do u ask?
Sanskar-Is that a yes or a no?
Swara-Yes,I did.We went out a few times.
Sanskar-Did u have s*x with him?
She heaved a sigh of annoyance.
Swara-Where is this going?He's a friend.
Sanskar-Yes or no,Swara?
Swara-No!Do u want to know about all my past relationships now?

The cabine remained quiet as the car rolled through the next few traffic lights.Swara stared out the side window & Sanskar tried,but failed,not to let his jealousy spoil what should have been a nice night out.
Sanskar-I don't want u to go out with him.
Swara-I'm not going to cancel on him last-minute.
Sanskar-It's not last-minute.He'll have over a week to find a new date.
Swara-R u seriously asking me to do this?
Her eyes widen with surprise😮
Sanskar-Yes,I'm.
Swara-That's the kind of ridiculous,do u think?
Their gazes collided.
Sanskar-You're doing this to spite me,aren't u?
Swara-Yes,bcoz when I made this plans months ago,I knew you'll surprise me & come back into my life.

¤♡☆¤♡☆¤♡☆ Silence ¤♡☆¤♡☆¤♡☆

Sanskar-You're not even interested in him.
Swara-I never said I was,& if u know that,why r u making a big deal out of it?
Sanskar-Bcoz of him.He's interested in u.I can tell.
Swara-Even if he is,nothing's going to happen b/w us.He's a friend.
Sanskar-He wants to be more. (His voice hardening)
Swara-I don't want to argue.
Sanskar-This isn't an argument.We're having a conversation about why u shouldn't be going out with Sahil.
Swara-U know what?I'm not going to let someone who recently came into my life tell me what to do & with whom to do it.Turn the car around.
Sanskar-What?
Swara-Turn it around!I don't want to go to the movies anymore.I want to go home.
Sanskar-I'm not taking u home.
Swara-You might as well take me home now,bcoz if u don't,the minute we get to the threater I'm going to call a cab.
Her eyes challenged his b4 he looked away.

Sanskar-Fine.
He gritted his teeth & swung the car in a U-turn in the middle of the street.
Swara-R u insane? (She screamed at him)
Sanskar-U said u want to go home,so I'm taking u home.There's no pleasing u,is there?

Swara fell silent & stared out of the window,fuming.That fast,the evening had deteriorated.
When he parked his car at her house,she immediately jumped out.
Sanskar-Would u wait a damn minute?
Swara-I have nothing to say to u.You don't own me,Sanskar,& I'll do as I please.
Sanskar-What do u think you're doing?
Swara-I coukd ask u the same question.
Sanskar-I'm asking u to respect my request.
Swara-& I'm asking u to back off.This is why I need space.Bcoz you're too intense.
She marched up the wooden stairs & he followed.She fumbled for her keys.
Sanskar-Would u prefer that I act as if it doesn't bother me that you're going out with another man?
Swara-Frankly,I don't care if it bothers u,bcoz I'm going to that party & I don't need your permission.
She shoved the door hard twice.It sprang open on the third push,reminding him he hadn't lubricated the lock as planned.

Sanskar-So while I'm out of town you're going on a date with him?
Swara swung in him.
Swara-How do I know what you're doing in Kolkata?You could have a woman there for all I know.
Sanskar-Is that what this all about?It wasn't enough when u slapped me on Friday bcoz you're still harboring some anger,Aren't u?Will it make u feel better if u hit me again?Go ahead.Hit me.I can take it.

The expression on her face suggested she was trying to decide if she should or not.
Swara-No.
Sanskar-Get it out of your system.(He imsisted)
Swara-Don't tempt me.
Sanskar laughed shortly.
Sanskar-I don't think I can tempt u with anything except s*x.I'm finally starting to hear u bcoz even a blind man see this argument is baseless.It's simply a way out of u.
Swara-& what is it for u?You're the one making unreasonable demands.
Sanskar-Maybe it's a way out for me,too.
He saw something flicker in her eyes.Hurt?He wasn't sure.It could have been his imagination.

All he knew was that she didn't seem to appreciate the depth of his feelings for her & how it made him feel to know that she would be with a man she used to have feelings for--& who may still have feelings for her.
He didn't care how unreasonable she thought his request.

Sanskar-I think u had it right.We need to give each other space.What we had in London...I don't know if we can recreate that.
He turned away.
Swara-Sanskar
He barely heard her,her voice was so soft.
Sanskar-What,Swara?I'm giving u what u want.Space.I've made it clear to u what I want.I want "you".
Now u need to decide if u want me,too.
He heaved a heavy sigh.
Sanskar-I know it's scary & I know I come on really strong,but it's been 6 yrs."6 yrs" I've walked around like an empty shell.So you'll have to accept that its really hard for me to slow down,& it's even harder for me to stand by & let another man interfere with what we have.

He marched down the steps & heard the door close behind him.The finality of it hit him deep in his chest.
B4 he entered the car,he looked up at the next building over.Like b4,someone pulled across the curtain,but he now knew it had to be Sahil b4 he stayed over there.

Sanskar stood & stared,daring him to return to the window.When he didn't,he started his vehicle & drove out of the parking lot.

How was the part??
#Monica