xii

thanks for 6k reads!! you're all incredible.

⚜🌺⚜

tw// vomiting

JOSH BLINKED AWAY the sleep in his eyes, squinting slightly when the bathroom light caught his vision. He threw his arm over his face with a low groan, voice slightly hoarse, wondering why he was up at a time he assumed was too early.

Then, he heard the gagging.

He lurched towards the bathroom, practically falling out of bed, legs tangling wildly in the blankets as he hit the ground clumsily. He desperately yanked at the duvet until it loosened enough for him to haul his half-asleep body towards the awful sound of retching. Josh finally tripped his way into the bathroom, the sight of Tyler hunched over and panting slightly making his heart ache.

He quickly made his way to the sink, grabbing a spare paper cup to fill it with water. Tyler squinted warily at him, whimpering softly from his position on the floor.

"Bear," he croaked, Josh rushing to his side with the water. The older boy stroked a rough hand through Tyler's soft locks, shushing him softly. "I'm here now, baby. Here, drink somethin'." He handed the brunette the water, brushing his blunt fingernails against his scalp as he gulped down the water. The younger grimaced from the foul taste in his mouth while Josh quickly flushed the toilet.

Now sitting down behind his peach, Josh wrapped his bulging arms around the boy's waist and peppered sweet kisses down the back of his neck. Tyler smiled warily before quickly being hit with another wave of nausea lurching forward and gagging violently into the toilet bowl. He continued dry heaving, his stomach already empty from the countless amounts of vomiting he had already done that day. He began crying, tears dripping into the water below. Josh hummed to him softly, nuzzling into the younger's collarbone and rubbing his aching tummy.

"You'll be okay, peach. You're bein' so strong and brave, baby; I'm so proud," Josh whispered, pressing more kisses onto the boy's cheek. Tyler coughed, spitting into the toilet before leaning back into Josh's touch.

safe to read

"Don't tell Ryan," Tyler mumbled, eyes shut as he relaxed into Josh's hold, stray tears still falling from his cheeks. "But you're much better at this than he is."

Josh let out a soft chuckle, pressing a parting kiss into Tyler sweat-matted hair before hoisting himself up and back to the sink. He refilled Tyler's cup, this time with a bit of mouthwash, grabbing a washcloth for Tyler to wipe his face with. The brunette gladly took the wet washcloth but stared warily at the blue substance in Josh's hand.

"C'mon, peach. It'll get that icky taste outta your mouth."

Tyler sighed and nodded, Josh crouching down to hand him the cup. Tyler wrapped a weak arm around the taller boy's shoulders as he hoisted him into a standing position. Tyler clutched onto Josh as he poured the mouthwash past his lips and swished it within his mouth. He spat it out with a grimace, the alcohol burning his gums and tongue. He turned, shuddering into Josh's chest, but had to admit he felt a bit better.

"You're burnin', peach. We should get this onesie off'a ya'; it's too hot."

Tyler nodded tiredly, unzipping it and stepping out with minimal help from Josh. The older  boy rubbed comforting circles into Tyler's bare hips, resting his chin on the brunette's head. Josh could feel Tyler's excessive body heat against his chest, the boy clothed in nothing but baby-blue panties.

"You feelin' better, peach? Wanna come back t'bed?" Josh whispered, stroking Tyler's hair softly as the younger burrowed further into his embrace. Tyler nodded softly, yawning as the pit in his stomach began to settle. Josh linked his fingers underneath the plump of Tyler's butt before picking him up, the brunette lazily slinging his arms around the older's broad shoulders.

Josh made his way back into Tyler's bedroom, noting the alarm clock on the bedside table that read 4:05 AM. The taller boy sighed, laying Tyler down in his bed to find him already asleep. Josh smiled weakly at his baby, pressing the back of his palm against his forehead, frowning as heat practically radiated off of him.

It's okay, Josh thought, crawling into bed beside Tyler, making the younger immediately turn into his grasp. I'll take care of my peach the whole weekend if I have to; gives me a good reason to make it up to him for being shitty all week.

And that, he did.

🌺

Tyler's eyes cracked open with a small whine, his body aching and stiff. He stretched all of his limbs at once before rubbing his eyes dazedly. He blinked, noticing he was alone with a frown.

"B-bear?" His voice was cracked and hoarse from lack of use, but as soon as the name left his lips he heard a slight clatter from his bathroom, a disheveled looking Josh rushing out wearing nothing but the sweatpants he had slept in.

"What's wrong? Are ya' okay? What do y'need, I-I'll get ya' whatever y'want. Water? Soup?Cuddles?"

Tyler giggled slightly, watching Josh ramble while he stumbled over. His hair stuck up wildly, tired eyes glancing around in a panic. "W-what's so funny?"

"You," laughed Tyler, linking fingering with the anxious older boy. The brunette stared up at Josh with content eyes, dimples shining brightly along with the uneven set of teeth on his lower jaw.

"Oh."

Tyler pulled Josh down, the older boy stumbling forward. He caught himself on the edge of Tyler's mattress, and the younger pressed a delicate kiss on his jaw before pulling himself out from under the covers, using Josh's shoulders as support.

Josh sucked in a breath, looking down at his baby with nervous eyes. No matter how long they had known each other, he never failed to make the taller boy's stomach jump with nerves.

Josh let his hands dip to Tyler's lower back, holding him against his bulky frame and kissing the cartilage of his ear gently. Tyler's bare body pressed flush against Josh's exposed chest, head relaxing against it while he let Josh hold his entire weight.

"How y'feelin', peach? Any better?" Josh pulled away to press his hand against the boy's forehead, noting with a sigh his fever had yet to cease. He did, however, notice that it hadn't gotten worse, which was a step in the right direction.

"Mhm, feelin' a li'l better, 'specially since my boyfriend is here."

And, oh, did Tyler relish in the blush that bloomed on the older's cheeks.

⚜🌺⚜

i love you all. eat, drink, sleep, take your meds; you mean so much to me.