|00|

I awkwardly walk through the doors of my school, breathing irregularly. My fingers can't help but pluck around on my bag and my clothes. I regret the choice I made already. Summer may be nice and all that but it's just too hot. And I hate wearing short stuff. I just feel so naked then.

Quickly I make my way to biology class and try to ignore the feeling that everyone is staring at me. I'm only fooling myself here. Sure, some may take a quick look at me while I'm walking by but no one will really bother. Right?

It's the shorts. I should've just worn long jeans. Fuck it. Now it's too late anyway.

"Hey" my classmate Jenny greets me as I stop next to her in front of the still closed classroom.

"Good morning" I reply while putting my bag down and taking a glace at my watch. Eleven minutes to go. I pull down the hot pants a bit and fix my t-shirt. Its sleeves are so short, it might even be a tank top. Since when is it this short around the belly area though? Did it shrink?

May and Carly arrive laughing. We greet each other and they start talking about the weather and how this day should be used for swimming instead of studying and school should just be cancelled because of the heat already. The only thing I say is "way too hot for me" at the beginning of the conversation, then I only listen and laugh along. I'm not much of a talker.

More and more people arrive and the hallway gets warmer with every minute. I think about taking of the blouse I'm loosely wearing above the shrunken top but decide against it. Maybe later. In the classroom. When others start taking off their clothes too. Maybe when we sit down and put our stuff on the tables. Naturally. But not here. Not in the hallway were so many people can see. Too awkward. Three minutes to go.

Two classmates of us join us. Males. They're in the biology course next door.

"I hate biology. Can't we just skip class?" Dan says.

Carly rolls her eyes. "Stop whining. Your teacher is cool at least. Ours is probably the worst ever."

"I honestly feel bad for her own kids" Jenny adds.

"Does she even have kids? I mean who would-" Brian says but shuts up in the middle of his question. "You hear that?"

Us girls groan in unison. "The witch is coming." The wheels of her bag announce her arrival before we can see her.

Brian pats my shoulder and laughs. I quickly try to hide my surprise. His fingertips slightly brushed the skin above my collarbone. "Have fun ladies" he says.

"Fuck you" Carly replies and makes a face which pretty much sums up my feelings towards this day.

We gather in front of the door. The witch passes by and smiles. Why though? Doesn't she know that no one likes her. Tim - a straight A student - wishes her a good morning. Behind him a few guys are laughing. Not even Tim likes her. Probably because even he only gets a C - or with a bit luck a B - in her tests. I force myself to smile when her eyes meet mine. She lets go of her bag and pulls out her keys. A few seconds go by until she finally opens the door.

"Kill me already" May whispers. Yeah same. We all know what she means. Biology class is hell. Everyone is just sitting on their chairs, avoiding the glares of the witch, hoping she won't ask them a question and wishing for the class to end soon. If you're being asked a question you're basically done for. Well of course not if you're able to answer the question (most likely about a topic or a term you've never heard of) properly while forming a grammatically correct sentence without stuttering. If not she'll keep bothering with further questions for up to an hour. Once she even talked and questioned about a thesis a student suggested for 45 minutes only to say then "You're wrong. That doesn't make sense and there's no proof to the thesis.". Humiliating. Luckily that poor student wasn't me.