Chapter four

Ahren groaned glancing down at his wrist, the stitches that held them closed now pull opened. Blood pouring down from the wound, it slid down his forearm. Becoming panicked he rushed over to Joel, shaking his shoulder in a rushed frantic state. Joel's eye shot open wide
"Hey hey what's wrong?"
"M-my arm!"
His eyes flickered from his eyes to his arm, becoming panicked he picked Ahren up running out of the treehouse. The snow littered the two Ahrens checks flushed red and his eyes watering. Joel began running across the thick layers of snowflakes, the air thick and tense.
The world around Joel stopped time froze his body unbalanced shaking and screams were heard, the snow stopped falling, the whole area was white the ground now gone, sinking to his knees he whimpered and screamed for help. The boy he loved could be dying, suddenly a small beep was heard, his screams silenced, the sound became louder and louder until he blinked his eyes open.

The room smelled clean and fresh, his body hunched over and sore, his breathing ragged and sharp. His eyes puffy and red, suddenly it all came back to him, he was dreaming once again. Ahren has been in a coma the last few days, he attempted suicide he sliced his wrist to the bone, he blasted music to cover his screams for help. Joel couldn't help but think this was all his fault. Ahren's parents showed up a few hours ago, and cried realizing that this could of been prevented if only they cared. Joel eyes filled with tears holding the note in his hand, re-reading the words,

"Dear Joel:
It's crazy how the first time we met I was sitting on a cliff with a bottle of pills,razors, and a song book. But, that's how I wanted it to end, I know how bad your hurting and believe me when I say I'm sorry. I fell in love with you, and time won't heal me. I'm so broken, who wants a broken boy. You meant the world to me, your very existence kept me alive for seven years. That smile, those lips, your seriously amazing art skills. Pure fucking talent. But overtime, I never told anyone why I became this way. After walking home from school, I was pulled into an alleyway..the man pulled my clothes off, I rushed home and turned the water on blistering hot, I sat in agonizing pain. Wanting to wash away the mess and touch he left on me. He took my heaven away, I was planning on telling you how I felt, and I was hoping that you were him..but he wasn't. I sat at home being beaten. Abused, it hurt watching my teenage years in pain, I was suppose to be a happy kid..but when I was with you I was. You were and still are my heaven. By this time I'm with your mom and dad. They are just as kind as I remember. Joel even though I'm gone now, I've written eight million small cards that will help you through my death when I'm no longer here for you.. so long and goodbye..goodnight my true love.. and in heaven I made one mistake.
Never telling you that I love you. Next to this letter is a ring. Marry me? Goodbye my love. We will unite in heaven...
- The broken boy x"

Joel's eyes watered tears streaming down his swollen cheeks, the heart aching pain was unbearable. The love and agony he felt was cold. Suddenly a pair of hands grasped his tightly and a heart monitor increased sharply. His eyes enlarged, as a snowy and fading figure disappeared

"You won't be given another chance, this time make his yours. I love you baby boy.."