Compass

Im going west, from what i remember its the quickest way to your heart.
A bumpy road yet flat surface, this road seems to never end. With the map on my chest its hard to choose at times, but for some reason it feels like the right way.

East leaves nothing left for me. I took everything i had and ran as fast as i could. Some understand, or at least say they do, and the others, id like to think they travel with me.

On my worst days, my direction feels as if its heading south. A road tred prior and not lightly mind you. Its part of the highway,  i have no doubt. I cant help this feeling of misdirection and a second guessing thought manifests. Every traveller ive come across i recollect a particular demeanor in their eyes and even a slight tremble in their voice. Many lost on the path and still missing but I'd like to think some of them got home to the ones they love, like i am.

Detour or not im heading where the sun sets in your eyes. As soon as I witness that sight its as if it rose again but in my own eyes this time. Making weeks seem like minutes and hours feel like months. An enigma of a conundrum, I still keep going, there is no option to stop and quiting is out of the question. I will conquer this god-forsaken road if its the last act i perform, it very well might be.

As soon as I arrive wether it be, a cold silence being my only companion leaving your doorstep accompanied with the wave and kiss goodbye of a wooden door, or your open arms embracing me in a warmth so warm and soothing it feels as if i flew there at night while sleeping. Must have delivered myself to where my dreams were.

With the cold closely following me every step i take till death, or the warm collection of our hands. Either or i will be wiser, a better person then i am today by far.

I came from the east, i took the senic route to try and save time, yet all i did was waste it. The knowledge gained however is timeless and will live on far after im gone. The direction i started heading was west, a hectic and frustrating land. I will make it through though, forever diagnosing the direction, keeping in mind to keep as calm as a surgeon, over reacting would just be another detour at this point.

Regardless of traveling company, its nowhere but north from here.

Nothing on the reflection of my compass but a smudge of blood from the quest. A vein attempt it would be to cover it up. I sport it as best i can, attempting to mask the frustration, confusion and pain from my eyes. I leave but one thing, hope.

Trusting in the abilitys not yet discovered that i will uncover on this long jaded road. One day ill see the north and ill look back on that trudged road and think.

"What a great trip"