"Coco Pops?!" Lacey squeaks.

"Yeah!" I say. "Nice, huh?"

"We can't eat Coco Pops." Lacey says.

"What? why?" Nadia asks.

"We don't like chocolate." Lacey says.

"Didn't Johnny tell you that we hate chocolate cake??" Riley asks.

"Oh, well, erm, yes, he did." I lie.

"Chocolate cake isn't the same as chocolate cereal." Nadia says.

"Well if we don't like chocolate cake, what makes you think we like chocolate cereal?"

"You know what? It doesn't matter we'll just make something else." I say.

Riley and Lacey return upstairs to continue their sword fighting.

"Scrambled eggs on toast?" Nadia says.

"Yep." I say.

Everyone likes scrambled eggs, right?

Wrong.

"Eww, scrambled eggs?!" Lacey says appalled. "I can't even..."

"Sorry but we don't eat scrambled eggs!" Riley says.

"What that's not true!" Nadia says.

"Yes it is." Riley argues. "We're all for save the animals."

"Do you know how many chicks you killed making those eggs?!" Lacey says.

"None. Cause they weren't even born yet!" Nadia says annoyed.

"They would have been born if you didn't kill them! They had long lives ahead of them and you ended it before it even started!" Riley says, bursting into tears.

"This is ridiculous." I say. "Just eat the eggs, okay?" 

"We're not eating dead chicks!" Lacey yells, and the waterworks begin.

"Okay! Okay! We'll make you something else! Just stop crying!!" I say defeated.

Immediately the tears cease and Riley and Lacey happily return upstairs.

"What should we make now?" Nadia says. "I'm all out of ideas."

"Me too." I say. "Nothing we make seems to please them." 

"What if we make something Australian?" Nadia exclaims. "I mean they live in Australia, so they must like some Aussie food, right?"

"I guess so..." I say uncertainly.

We search the kitchen for any appetizing Australian food. As I am looking in one of the kitchen cupboards, I spot a tin of vegemite in the corner.

"Ahaha!" I say. "This is perfect!"

"What is?" Nadia says.

"Vegemite! They can have vegemite on bread!" I say happily.

"Vege- what now?!" Nadia says.

"Vegemite." I say.

"Well what is it?" Nadia says impatiently.

"Oh yeah sorry. Vegemite is an Australian spread and it's really good." I inform her.

"You think they'll like it?" Nadia asks.

"They better!" I say.

Nadia and I prepare the meal, spreading vegemite all over the bread.

"Riley! Lacey!" I shout. "Come eat your breakfast!"

After waiting for a couple of minutes, we hear the twins trooping down the stairs. They bounce into the kitchen, go over to the table and start inspecting the breakfasts.

"Is this vegemite?" Lacey asks, peering closely at the bread.

"Yes!" I say smiling widely.

I see a trace of amusement in Lacey's eyes.

"Emmm, we don't like vegemite." Lacey says.

"What?!" Nadia says. "You can't be serious!"

"It's just too Australian..." Riley says, joining in.

I feel rage bubbling up inside me. I take a few deep breaths and count to 10.

1...2...3...4...5...

Slowly I calm down.

6...7...8...9...

"You guys better hurry up and make something good, I'm starting to get really hungry." Lacey says.

"THAT'S IT!" I shout, furious. "WE'RE NOT MAKING YOU ANYTHING ELSE, LACEY! WE'VE MADE THREE PERFECTLY FINE BREAKFAST MEALS AND YOU'VE REFUSED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! IF YOU'RE HUNGRY YOU BETTER EAT ONE OF THESE MEALS BECAUSE YOU WON'T GET ANY OTHER FOOD UNTIL YOU DO! I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE OR EGGS OR VEGEMITE, AS LONG AS IT'S EDIBLE YOU HAVE TO EAT IT, AM I CLEAR?! NADIA AND I AM NOT GOING TO TOLERATE ANYMORE NONSENSE, SO YOU BETTER START EATING!"

I take a deep breath and wait for them to talk back but they don't.

Riley and Lacey just remain by the table looking at me. Then they pull back the chairs and sit down at the table and start eating their vegemite breakfasts. They down the bread in thirty seconds, mumble a 'thank you' to us and leave the kitchen.

"That actually worked!" Nadia exclaims. 

***

"I'm back!" Johnny announces, as he enters the house.

"Oh hi!" I shout.

Johnny comes into the sitting room where me and Nadia sit, watching 13 Reasons Why.

"I'm glad to see that the twins haven't driven you crazy yet!" He says. "Where are they anyway?"

"They went out with their friend Amelia and her older sister Rachel." I answer.

"Helloooooo? Nadia?" Johnny says, looking over at Nadia who hasn't even realised he is in the room.

He goes over to her.

"Nadia...Are you crying?!" Johnny says.

"This show is just so emotional!" Nadia says.

***

Sorry that his took so long!!! Been super busy! xx

Don't forget to like and comment and follow! XX