Chapter 6

Kayla woke up suddenly and instantly tried to sit up from where she was laying in the cold hard floor. Sadly, she had failed to realize that she was stuck in a low level cage and banged her head against the ceiling of it loudly. Something outside of the cage moved faintly. Almost instantly she stopped moving and let her instincts take over. Instincts had saved her many times in those arena fights, they surely must be of some kind of help here.

The room she was now trapped in was lit up so brightly, that it almost hurt her eyes. Though her head was beginning to throb that seemed to be the only pain, which could of be a bad or good thing. Good because there was no such thing as a gentle rape and she wasn't sure where her clothes were at the moment... But it could of been a bad thing because the Other's might just had been waiting to hurt her until she was fully awake and they could enjoy her screams.

And she was definitely awake.

Dimly she tried to remember what had happened and remembered 512 sliding under the gate. Everything had happened so fast after that. She vaguely remembered being hit from behind... Everything after that hit was blank.

She continued to look around and realized her cage was in a far corner of the room. In the center of the room was a larger table with three people sitting around it. The seemingly smallest was facing away from her. The person across the table of the small one was the woman who always took role call in the morning.

Quickly Kayla read her face, taking every aspect of her. It was a skill she had developed in order to read her opponent in fights to figure out how to attack them, useful with reading people and even judging their thoughts.

There was a heavy fear in the woman's eyes, and she kept glancing up from the floor then back down. A few times she seemed to glance over at the last figure who Kayla recognized with dread.

The Elder himself sat at the head of the table. His eyes were closed and Kayla took this moment to look him over. Even as he was sitting it was horribly shocking how tall and intimidating he looked. His long braided, pure white hair reached halfway down his back. He wasn't a fat softie either... his coiled muscles always could be seen in what ever form of traditional clothing he had decided to wear that day. Today, he had decided to wear a dark blue outfit with a black sash. Kayla would have gone so far as to call him attractive...

If she hadn't had such a deep hatred for him.

Next she looked around the room, trying to figure out the layout, just in case she happened to get out of the cage. The walls were pure white as was the table. Every aspect of the room seemed pure white, unlike the pitch black color of the living cells. The white color seemed to soak up and reflect the light, causing Kayla to narrow her eyes. The room smelled like chemicals that made her stomach churn. Movement from the corner caught her attention.

A shady figure stood motionless in the corner, a hood and cloak wrapped around most of the body. Kayla caught a glance of something shiny under the dark gray cloak. The cloak had suspious dark spots splattered on it and Kayla wondered what it was. Though she was sure the glimmer of shine would not last. Nothing in the Experiment Hall was shiny. She continued to stare around when suddenly something clicked for her.

The room was dead silent. That's an unnatural thing. There were always screams and cries or some form of noise. Instantly her eyes went to the elder. His eyes were now open and fixated on the woman. The woman hung her head in fear. The Elder's voice rang out loud and clear, seeming to echo in the tiny room.

"Sakura-san... it was your sector where the escapes came from, was it not?" The woman, Sakura, hung her head.

"T-they were... sir." He looked at her for a moment before something flew in a blurred view across a the table with a sicken thud, Sakura was slung from her chair onto the ground. She looked up horrified as The Elder stood up walking over to her, a knife sticking out of her right shoulder. He crouched down in front of her and pulled her head up by her hair. In one swift movement The Elder brought his nails just under Sakura's eye and slowly broke open her cheek. As her blood dripped down falling in droplets to the floor, he brought his face mere inches away from her own. His voice grew soft... so soft that even with her straining hearing Kayla had trouble hearing the words.