Returning to normal

Zacznij od początku

"I can't stay man at you." Courtney said hugging me. 

Jason just nodded and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

 We walked into school and I went to class. During second period I sat by Courtney and we began talking.

"Hailey, You won't believe what I did!" Courtney sang.

"What?" I asked.

"Guess." 

"Get run over? Did you rob a bank? Kill someone?" 

She laughed, "Good thing you don't have to do any more community service. There starting to wear off on you." 

I half-heartily laughed. 

"I" She leaned closer to me, "Stayed out twenty minutes later than curfew." 

"You rebel." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh, you know your jealous." 

"Anything else happen resantly?"

"Oh my god, I forgot to tell you. I bought the most gorgous shoes!" She squeeled.

"Awesome." I replied trying to sound enthustastic. 

"What about you?" 

"Uhm," I thought of a bunch of things but none I could really say to Courtney, she wouldn't understand like Aaron. I couldn't tell her about how much I enjoyed his taste in music. Or how cool he is. I decided to just go with," I lost two pounds." 

"CONGRADULATIONS!" She chirped, " I knew you looked different!" 

"Thanks." 

"Speaking of losing weight, Have you seen Lyndsy? Someone needs to call Jenny Craig! That girl is bigggg!" 

"Lyndsy's really nice though."

"Doesn't mean she can sit on her ass and eat  all day, does it?" 

I was getting annoyed. Courtney shouldn't make fun of people like that. Sure just about a week ago I'd have sat here and acted like nothing was wrong while she down-graded every girl in school but people change.

My silence was enough of an answer for Courtney. "And Sandy needs to get the pole out of her ass and start walking normal. I mean who does she think she is prancing around like the freakin' King of France. If she didn''t keep her nose so high then maybe she could see where she was going. Don't even get me started about Heather. That girl spreads her legs more than Lyndsy eats. I think she's slept with every guy in the whole school." 

Luckily the bell rang, because I was about to whoop somebodys ass. We walked out of class and Heather came around the corner.

"Hey Courtney, Hi Hailey." Heather said waving.

"Hey." Courtney and I replied.

"Heather, how's your day? Did that bastard Mr. Harshlr say anything today?" Courtney asked.

"Yes, and you will not believe it!" She replied as they both walked away.

The whole week went like that and by Friday I was irratated. Courtney bugged me. How could she talk trash one minute and then the next be all buddy buddy. I wonder if she was talking about me when I was gone.I turned into my class and sat down. 

"How's my little Hail?" Darren asked.

"Okay." I replied.

He sat down beside me and turned my head so I was facing him, " What's bothering you Hail?"

I sighed, Darren knew all my tells. It didn't even take him two minute two figure out I was pissed.

"It's just.. Courtney goes around talking about every girl in school like their filthy whore-bags. It buggs me how she'll talk about someone and then the next moment be best friends with them. She's just a two-faced bitch and it annoys me." 

Darren chuckled, "It's takin' you this long to realize this?"

I luaghed too. "Well, I knew it before but somehow it didn't sink in. If that makes any sense." 

"I understand, my little Hailey is growing up." He teased hugging me.

I giggled, "Your gonna crush me."

He laughed. After a little while we calmed down and the teacher gave us our instructions. As soon as the teacher was done talking I turned to Darren and asked:

"Would you still be my friend if I hung out with wierdo's?" 

"I'm your friend now aren't I?" 

I chuckled, Leave it to Darren to make me laugh when I'm trying to be serious. 

"No I meant like.. If I hung out with.." This was alot harder to explain than I thought.

He placed a hand on my shoulder, "Hailey. It doesn't matter to me who your friends are. That wouldn't change you.Even if you hang out with 'emos' or 'nerds' or even 'two-faced bitches' you'll still be my Hail. Okay?" 

I smiled, "Alright Dar-Dar."

That class ended to quickly and before I knew it Lunch was already here. I sat beside Rachel and her boyfriend. Within minutes I was bored, all they talked about was football. No wonder they just sucked face most of lunch. I sat there feeling like a third- wheel when I realized, Darren was right. 

I like hanging out with Aaron, so I should. 

Everyone has problems maybe he just needs someone to help him.