Chapter Three

❝ Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.❞

Z O E  W I L K E S 

L E S S O N  L E A R N T

P A R T   T H R E E 

I I I

We never did get any answers to why were here, to where Tiffany could be and our status of whether we are alive or not. The great and majestic elf that is Professor Momento just stated that curiosity killed the cat. The cat won’t be the only one that’s dead, I thought to myself as I tried to understand why the Professor was keeping us ignorant. 

This was killing me that I had no answers to any of my questions. Who was this guy... he was a creep... a very hot creep. Still can’t believe that a part of me was thinking that it was a good idea to go and see this person. I was currently sat in my physics lesson. I was currently still in need of sleep, shower and food. Yes why do I get a magical academy that has physics lessons? Just my luck. It was taught by a dragon called Mr. Die, yep what a name! This day was totally going well... Note the sarcasm.

He had already given Richard a detention for not knowing the names of electrons, protons and neutrons. To be fair though on Mr Die’s part that Richard is sixteen and he really should know that but Richard is collapsing due to exhaustion from already having four lessons this morning and arguing with Momento to why we are even doing this. 

“ Hey you gotta keep positive,” Toadie nudged me while I raised my thumb. 

At least Toadie won’t change.

" Class please can you solve this problem: A particle is moving around in a circle and its position is given in polar coordinates as x = Rcosθ, and y = Rsinθ, where R is the radius of the circle, and θ is in radians. From these equations derive the equation for centripetal acceleration." Mr Die wrote down his language, while I was lost in translation.

"It's x = —Rw squared! " Toadie wrote down as he showed his paper while I literally wanted to cry here and now, I looked around, Hannah probably looked the same as me and Tom wasn't even paying attention! This was why I dropped physics at A Levels, I only got a D in my GCSE examinations I really couldn’t take this shit! 

Demi was trying so was Jackson. Bart and Richard couldn't give a damn so it looked like it was Amelia who got little bits of it but Toadie and Mr. Die were having conversations in this language as well as the rest of the students. I looked over at the lower level demons in this class, they were talking to Tom and they were high fiving him. School is the same for everybody I guess. Whether or not you are a human, demon or a fairy. 

" Ok, moving on but correct answer Mr East, hmmm Mr Princeton what is the approximate voltage of large overhead electricity cables?" Mr Die asked.

" I don't really care sir," Tom put his head on the desk looking like he was about to fall asleep, while I muffled a giggle into a cough like Bart and Demi were doing.

" It's approximately four hundred thousand volts! Now sit up Mr Princeton and pay attention!The fire breathing dragon breathed fire onto his paper! “ It is disgusting how you don’t know basic physics and you only have a year and half until you graduate, some extra physic lessons will need to be in order!” This school was going to kill me. Yep.

 " Now write that down one hundred times by the end of the lesson, if you fail you will be back here at three o’clock on Friday morning helping me set up that days experiment!" Mr Die slightly scorched his face and Tom was in serious pain. While I sat there being a sitting duck praying that he wouldn't ask me a question. If he did, well I was in deep shit.