0.1 Memory

"I can't find your face anywhere ... ", she said as she scrolled through the whole pictures.

He just laughed. It's not the first time he heard it, but he never really mind it anyway. "Because I took them all." he smiled proudly to himself.

"Why do you like to stay behind the camera so much?" her fingers still busy with his camera.

"Because I love photography." he said.

"That's obvious." she replied.

"So?"

"Why do you like photos so much?"

He took a sip of his milk tea before finally answering, "They can retain memories."

She laughed, he didn't understand. "What?" he looked at her.

"It's funny." she stared at the sea.

"What's funny?" he asked again.

"I always think that photos are proof that the past is real." she answered, eyes still fixated on the horizon in front of her. They both stay in silent as he tried to digest that.

"In some sense they really do", he finally said.

"Yeah." she hummed.

"That's the first time I heard someone put it that way-"

"You are pathetic by the way." she cutted him.

"Huh, what?" he doesn't understand what she meant.

"You want to retain memories around you, but you're not retaining memories of yourself." she shakes her head. Once again she made him confused. As he tried again to grasp the meaning, he heard a sound.

Click!

He looked at her, eyes behind the camera.

"Here, so you can keep the memory of you. Don't be selfish, someone must wanted to remember you too." she showed the picture she just taken, boasting that the result does not turn so bad. She doesn't realize how much he wants to keep the memory of that moment, and vice versa.

————————

So yeah, this book is back from the death with some changes.