Inches to Death

Tuesday, beloved Tuesday. Pancakes with Nutella day. On The Royal Conservatoire the cafeteria had days where students could eat whatever they want, really tasty and yummy food. One of those days were Tuesdays among with Fridays and Sundays. Those were my favourites days. 

As long as I remember, I could know what day it was with just sniffing. The lovely smell of the food send from the Gods went through my nose and then to my taste buds, making me shot my eyes wide open and jump out of bed. But all my hapiness was crashed when the memories from the day before, Monday of hell, came to my mind.

The meat loaf incident and Belinda’s dreadful eyes in the lunchroom, Harry brushing her off in the library. What it was that made him so spiteful, I didn’t have a clue. 

I looked sat down in the windowsill and looked through the glass, the sun hadn't peeked over the horizon yet. The crack of dawn. Who would send someone at the cementery at the crack of down? What type of detention was that? This conservatoire  was really "unique" with its detentions. Anyways, I should get ready.

I looked through my still unpacked suitcase and picked an oversided sweater and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. I wasn't going to use my uniform to go to the cementery, I have classes later and don't want it to get dirty. I headed over the bathroom and took a quick shower, the hot water made my muscles to relax so when I got out of the shower I was more awake and lively, within what I could be considering the situation.

I got dressed and put my ankle boots on, I need hurry up because I have to be there soon. I ran as fast as I could, which left me out of breath but I arrived there in time. I looked for support on the cold grey gates of the cementery, I needed a minute to catch my breath. For my surprised there was nobody there. Mr. Bonelli told us to met at the cementery so where the hell was everyone else? Was my definition of "crack of down" different from theirs? Well I'm not going to stay here, no way. I shook the old gates and after a few seconds, they opened. I entered the cementery and a huge angel statue caught my attention. I didn't even think, I just started walking between the rows of plain headstones like I was being drawn to it. I was sacred because the sun still hand't risen and weird things happen to me when it's dark, but the desire that I had for arriving to the angel statue was stronger than my fear. As I got closer, I could hear voices near the statue. 

"Five minutes, then I'm out." A guy said.

"What a shame would be if the principal finds out that you didn't show up for detention." A solemny voice said in a cold tone. Randy, the Supervisor. “Unless anyone wants to lose his or her social privileges this week” Groans were heard from all the students. "We will all wait patiently, as if we had nothing better to do, until Miss Windsor decides to grace us with her presence.”

 "I'm here!" I said running to their direction. Randy had his arms crossed on his chest and he was looking at me with a half smiled. He was trying to be acquiescent with me because he knew after all I wasn't a bad student. He didn't say anything about me being late.

Behind him were Colleen, Belinda and Seth? What was he doing here? We already got into troubles on his first day? I better shouldn't say anything... My eyes drifted to the beautiful and imposing statue of the angel I've seen when I entered the cementery. I looked it from top to bottom and noticed Harry was leaning against it. I almost haven't realized he was here too. 

He was wearing his black leather jacket and the same headband he was using when I "met" him, and he flipped me off. Eventhough he had his headband on his head, I could tell his curls were messy. Which made me think how he look like when he was asleep. Get out of my head. This is not the right time. But it was too late, I blushed and by the time I ripped my eyes away from his hair I noticed he was glaring at me.