The Yule Ball.

The school that hosts the Tri-Wizard Tournament throws a Ball on Christmas Eve where the girls dress up in gowns and the boys in dress robes and you dance the night away.

And Hogwarts is known for throwing legandary Balls.

There was roughly two weeks until the ball and my mother had sent a box full of catalogues and fabric swatches to me a couple of days ago. Lily was taking full advantage.

"Oh, this is definately your colour." I took out a sweet blue swatch and pressed it against her porcelain skin. It made her look heavanly.

"I agree." James piped up.

Lily glowered and threw the swatch back into the box. Remus and I shared a look, a thing we often did when Lily and James were like this.

"I was thinking maybe this?" I grabbed a deep emerald green and pressed it against my skin.

"Oooh. That's lovely." Lily hummed in appreciation.

"You girls are ridiculous." Remus stated.

"You better believe that you'll be doing the same with dress robe swatches, Remus." I taunted and he rolled his eyes.

"Guys, we have to be in the Great Hall in 3 minutes." Peter spoke up causing a flurry of activity.

I shoved the rest of the swatches back into the box, Remus shoved his books into his book bag. James and Sirius took their sweet time, getting up and stretching. Peter was first out the door followed by a chettering Remus and Lily. James strolled out, pretending he wasn't hanging onto their every word.

I marched out the door dreaing of Emerald silk and ivory chiffon when a shoulder bumped against mine. It was Sirius with a secret smile and strange look in his eyes.

"I like this one."

He pressed a stolen swatch into my hand before marching off to join James. I stared after him, bewildered for a moment before I looked down at the swatch that he's given me.

It was beautiful.

It was a silver that looked as if It had been made from a star with it's irredescent chiffon that glimmered in the afternoon sun. How had I missed it?

When I looked up the others were disappearing around the corner so I stuffed the fabric into my pocket and raced to catch up with them. I didn't look at Sirius, because if I did I just knew that he would be able to tell how fast my heart was racing.

Instead I linked arms with Lily as we strutted into the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was looking different. The long tables that we sat at for the feasts had disappeared, as had the teacher's table. Instead was a record player with a huge brass megaphone. McGonogal stood beside it with a small smile on her face.

Immediately the boys started groaning and the girls started whispering excitedly.

This had to be something to do with the Yule Ball.

"Quiet now!" McGonogal called and we hushed into silence.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Tri-Wizard since its insection. On Christmas Eve Night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity." She began and the girls tittered excitedly.