XLI

-Stella Hart-

-Stella Hart-

"Stell?"

Lily's voice brought me out of my daze and back into our cosy dorm room where I was sitting on my bed, my hands stilled holding my jumper as if I temporarily forgot how to put it on.

"Hmmm?" I hummed, pulling it over my head and looking over at her. She was leaning against her bedpost, arms folded, green eyes laced with concern.

"What's going on in there?" She asked, tapping her forehead.

I hesitated before smiling.

"Nothing much really." I got up and crossed over to the full length ornate mirror leaning up against the wall, brushing a hand through my sleep tossled curls.

"liar." Lily accused and I let out a laugh that sounded more nervous than anything.

"Okay maybe a tad more than nothing much." I relinquished but before Lily's eyes could get sad and make me feel sad I let my words rush ahead.

"But I'm okay." I promised giving her a small smile as proof. "I'm still me, I'm not a hollow shell of a person so I will take whatever comes with it. What's a little anxious mind wandering next to trying to kill my friends?"

I laughed but the sadness in her eyes that I was trying to avoid crept in and she could manage a half smile.

"Lily..." I sighed crossing the room and reaching for her, skimming my hands over her arms.

"I'm okay, really." I insisted and the sadness melted away as she nodded. Her eyes instead took on a mischievious glint.

"I suppose your midnight rendezvous with Sirius helped." She suggested sweetly and my mouth fell open in surprise.

Lily laughed.

"You think you can hide anything from me? I know you far too well. Steamy make out sesh though wowee I thought you two were going to bonk right there on the roof."

I squealed and shoved her as she dissolved into a fit of laughter.

I moved back over to my bed where I slipped on my robes over top of my jumped, the December air making an early appearance in November when Lily spoke again.

"Stella?" There was a change in her voice that made my head snap up and over to wear she stood, eyes careful, hands clutched nervously.

"Yeah?" I asked slowly.

"Have you? Um, I mean have you and Sirius," She bent her head closer to me and whispered, "done it?"

There was a moment where her question simply hung in the air. Lily and I had spent way too many nights staying up late talking about James and Sirius and everything in between but we had never talked about... that.