Chapter 2

It was midnight we we're still on the plane to somewhere I don't know. Mom's beside me still sleeping. I looked at her and remembered what she said earlier.

"Hindi mo alam ang sinakripisyo ko para sa'yo Ana."

What does it mean? What does she meant by that? I saw her anger that approached me as she was saying that. Tsaka ko na iisipin.

Our plane landed safely. Mom walked immediately out of the airport and called a taxi. Ngayon ko lang na realize that we are in New York. But why in New York? Eh wala nga kaming relatives dito. But I was astonished of how beautiful New York is. All the streets in New York are alive. Colorful lights scattered around the city.

The condo that we have checked in has a beautiful view of the empire state building. Ang ganda padin niya kahit gabi, well its more beautiful pa nga eh. Since I was a kid I dreamed to see that 103 story landmark building. I was still in the balcony staring at the empire state building when mom called me.

"You better sleep na Ana." she said as she tapped my bed. Tumago naman ako at pumasok sa loob. I removed my slippers and jumped on my bed. Tumabi sakin si mommy at saka ako kinumutan.

"Nung una kong pumunta dito sa New York I didn't expect how cold the weather is. Ang damit ko pa noon ay sando at shorts. Ginaw na ginaw ako nung gabing yon I'm waiting for mom's hug to keep me warm pero naalala ko nagiisa nga lang pala ako." pagkwekwento ni mommy.

"I'm sorry." tanging na sabi ko.

She kissed my temple and brushed my hair. "Nakagawa pa ko ng issue kanina. Alam kong sobra sobra na yung kahihiyan na dinadala ko sa'yo. Ang sama kong anak pero bakit ganon kahit puro kamalasan na yung dinadala ko sa buhay mo mahal na mahal mo padin ako?"

She wiped my tears before she answered. "You're the rightest thing that I have done."

"I don't care about my career Ana. When it comes to you ikaw lagi ang inuuna ko. Siguro hindi ko napakita yan sa'yo as you we're growing up pero ang lagi mong tatandaan. Mas mahalaga ka kasya sa lahat ng bagay na nakapaligid sakin. I'll protect you at any cost." she continued.

"Mommy." I raised my face and looked at her.

"Yes baby?"

"I love you po."

She hugged me tight. "I love you too." I felt a feeling that I was longing years ago.

"Sige na close your eyes. I'll tour you tomorrow."

-

"This is time square. This is one of the busiest pedestrian areas in the world." she introduced the place.

"Thought Shibuya crossing is the busiest, pero may mas lala pa pala." I laughed.

"Do you want to eat first? I know a restaurant that you'd like."

We went to The Counter Times Square and ate lunch. The food is really great. I was chatting with mom ng biglang may lumapit samin. I noticed that she is a Filipina so I didn't bother at all. Knowing na sikat si mommy sa Philippines. Mom signed her albums and some posters. "Miss Lea buti po nabalik kayo dito sa New York. We missed seeing you perform in plays." the woman said.

"Well I do miss performing too. There's always next time dear." mom said and hugged her.

What? Mom performed on plays? I didn't know that she can act too. How come she haven't told me.

"Mommy you didn't tell me na nagpeperform on plays pala."

"Well that was decades ago Ana, saka that's just a mini play." she said bago isubo ang steak na inorder namin.