Chapter 3

Edward's POV
I felt her heart break. She was all I had and I lost her for now at least. I needed to hunt and needed to talk to her when I got home. I ran through the woods and found a deer and fed and then ran as fast as I could. She would hate me for a while. I'll just have to make it up to her and hope she forgives me. I walked into my house and found Carlisle pacing slightly and Esme sitting down with a worried expression. "Edward what is wrong with Natalie?" Carlisle questioned me as he noticed my presence. "I told her Bella's my blood singer." I said watching as Carlisle's smile falters. "What? Oh goodness Edward you'll just have to deal with the temptation from here now." He said walking away with Esme at his side. I walked upstairs and knocked on Natalie's door. "Come in."

Natalie's POV
"Come in." I said from my balcony looking into the woods. "Look Nat-" I cut him off by running over to him and covering his mouth and hugging him tightly. "I can hear your thoughts. It's fine just know she is a danger to our family. Just don't get to know her, do it for me or mom." I said jumping off my balcony. He wouldn't understand what a true love would be if he stayed with Bella. She isn't someone like an imprint or mate, more like a personal blood bag when he gets too thirsty to handle the pressure. I walked around for a bit and decided to take matters into my own hands. I sprinted to the border and waited for the pack to pick up my scent. I watched as a black and silver wolf appeared in front of me. "I need to talk." I stated getting closer to the border. They left for a moment and returned in shorts. It happened to be Sam and Paul. "What is it that you need to tell us Natalie?" Sam asked eyeing me down to make sure I wouldn't pass the border. "It's Edward, the new girl Bella Swan. She's his blood singer and I would hope Paul would know what that is by now." Paul looked down at his feet. "I need you both and the pack to make sure she stays as far away from us and Edward as possible. If it means having her spend everyday here then so be it. What they have is not love it's just her being his personal blood bag if he can't stand the thirst." I said. "Natalie this is good information I'll let Billy know and if it means anything thank you for saving Paul." Sam said. I nodded and watched them phase and run away. I turned around and found Edward behind me with a hurt look on his face. "I told you I could take care of myself and this is how you deal with the situation. Natalie you have done nothing, but be worried, mope, and complain since Alice had that vision about Bella. I love her more than a blood bag. How would you know about love. No one has ever liked you like that and no one ever will!" He shouted at me. I couldn't stand him being like this. "EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN!" I screamed. I never used his full mortal name unless it was that bad. "I have done nothing, but protect you and worry about you. I love you so much and never want to see you be hurt. Mom said that we had to look out and protect each other. Do you know what happens if you get too close and feed off her. We all die...you die and I die and Carlisle saving us and mom sacrificing so much for us will have meant nothing." I yelled letting my voice falter. "All I wanted is for you to be safe and happy and not dead from a werewolf you ignorant asshole!" I screamed. "Natalie-" He started and looked at the tears on my face. "You know what Edward I don't want to hear it right now. How sorry you feel or how you'll try your best to stay away from her, but you won't. You'll just give into the temptation and go and date her, love her, propose, and leave me and the only people who will really care about you Edward. You have always been a Cullen, but you will never again be a Masen." I told him as I ran past the rest of the family that came to see what was wrong. Emmett and Rose followed me, but the rest of them stayed with Edward. "Emmett your going hiking tomorrow right?" I asked as I walked into the house and up the stairs. "Yeah." I thought as I packed some clothes. "Good because I'm coming with. The next few days will be sunny so Edward will stay away from his precious Bella." I said tossing my bag on the floor and sitting in a chair. "Natalie I didn't know that you had it in you, but what even happened?" Emmett asked sitting on my bed with Rose. "Me and Edward went out for our free period, but he told me Bella was his blood singer. He knows how I feel about those, you all do. I got mad and ran home and I took care of the Bella problem with the werewolves. Edward overheard and you know the rest." I said letting tears flow down my face. I never really cried much, but when I did it was for a good reason. Rose walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Hey forget about Bella I don't like her either. If she gets involved with Edward then so be it. Edward said all of that stuff about you and he doesn't deserve you right now." She said pulling me up to give me a hug and Emmett joined. "Thanks Rose it's just he's my brother and I love him so much. I know what happens with blood singers and just know they're all the same. They get so in love with the thought of becoming a vampire to stay with their mate forever." I explained. I heard a knock on the door and there stood Edward with a pained expression. "Get-" I stopped Rose by putting a hand on her shoulder. "Fine. Come on Emmett you need to get ready for the hike with Natalie." She said before storming out of my room with my bear of a brother. "Natalie look I didn't mean all that I said back there. I was just upset. I'm so sorry and I know you won't forgive me, but just don't ignore me. You're my little sister and I can't stand the thought of you not being in my life." He said entering my room. "Edward you really don't know do you? You think that I never loved anyone? I had a blood singer Edward and he was the light of my life. I knew how to control myself I never once got out of control around him. He became more of my mate than a blood singer. He soon got obsessed with the idea of becoming immortal with me. He wounded himself so many times, but I refused to turn him, but he still loved me. He killed himself one night hoping I would turn him, but I didn't Edward and I had to bury him and leave. I lost the one light in my life and now it's just been darkness. You think I don't know what love is, but really you're the person who doesn't know what love is yet because you shut yourself out from people. They are all the same want to know how I know. Last year I had to save Paul from a vampire seeking revenge. The vampire's blood singer threatened and provoked Paul in hopes he would kill her and her vampire would turn her. Paul killed her alright, but the vampire refused to save her. Instead the vampire tried to kill Paul and was almost successful. If I hadn't stepped in Paul would've died and I don't wish that upon anyone." I told him letting tears flow. I ran a hand through my hair and sat down on my bed. "Natalie I had no idea. Why didn't you tell me?" Edward asked me looking at me with his golden eyes. "Because I was scared of what would happen to you. I didn't know if it would put you in danger. I don't want you to leave me Edward that's the one thing I promised our mother. That we would never leave each other."