The last day

24 hours left.

Awaking before the others rarity stretched out her back, it was one if the worst sleeps she got. Shaking gently she awoke everyone but twilight sparkle. "What are we going to do with twilight?" She whispered. "She's not even being a friend anymore, she's too focused on helping celestia"

"Which isn't a bad thing" rainbow dash shrugged "but she has changed"

"Of course you think it's a good thing" apple jack snarled "after all you're loyal"

"Well sometimes you should be less honest, things like that hurt people."

"Oh I'm sorry" she replied sarcastically

"THATS ENOUGH!" Pinkie yelled making twilight stir in her sleep "look at you, fighting. It hurts more than just those in the fight, how would you like if your friends were tearing apart" she sobbed and slowly her hair flatted with each word.

"Hey you're being quite!" Rainbow dash snapped at fluttershy.

"I don't want to get involved" she whimpered covering her head at the yelling.

"Well you should at least have an opinion about the new twilight."

"She's stressed, she didn't mean it" she said barley over a whisper.

"Always sooo kind, never seeing bad in anyone, not even in discord." Rarity snarled.

"Discord is good! He's a lot better than the four of you"

"Discord is flawed and evil!"

"Damn right he's flawed. But he does try. To do better, to forgive. And you should see him"

Twilight began to stir as her dream changed to a vision. "Twilight sparkle, you must get rid of the elements. I told you as soon as one starts to second think them they would change." The voice echoed "just wake up!" Jacknifing awake twilight laid eyes on her friends, fluttershy was beating all the others up. "STOP!" She yelled "I don't know what got into you but... For the rest of the trip the elements stay off!"

"Stuff this guys, I'm going home!" Rainbow dash yelled throwing off her element.

"Everypony take off your elements they're evil!"

"You know what, I don't care!" Rarity said up herself like usual.

"I'll stay with you twilight" fluttershy smiled

"So will I" pinkie said "but no funny business"

Apple jack and rarity followed rainbow dashes lead and stormed out of the cave. "Girls hand me your elements they're manipulating our thoughts" unsure on what to do they slowly took off their elements from around their necks.

The fire began to heaten as loud pops echoed through the cave, the smell of molten metal filled the air as twilight watched the last of the elements melt.

12 hours left.

Sweetie belles POV ((a/n I know I haven't had a POV in a while))

Ugh I've had to sit through scootaloo complaining about how smash trot or what's his name is lost. She had it in her thick head that the unicorn Boxette, cheated by using magic. Seriously why am I still hanging with them, I should be preparing for tonight. "Hey guys I was thinking we could..." I started "um have a star gazing cutie mark"

"That's a great idea" apple bloom cheered "but where are we to gaze?"

"Well i will ask the princess if we could travel to the west side of the mountain where the stars are clearest."

"Cool let's get a cutie mark!"

11 hours left

Discords POV

I have to see my family one more time before we invade. I still can't believe that this whole plan was thought up by a filly. Trotting into the mouth I noticed fresh hoof prints. Someone was in the cave.

A/N my favourite part in this chapter is when fluttershy backs up discord.