Chapter One

A/N: Hi guys! So, I recently watched a bunch of Christmas movies, and I was inspired to write a festive Bellarke fic. I'm not too sure how long this is going to be, but know that it covers Christmas and the days after. I'm super psyched about it so I hope you guys like it! I'm hoping to have it finished by Christmas, so fingers crossed!

Please leave a review and let me know if you liked it – I love feedback x

ONE

Really, Clarke was dreading the upcoming week. Christmas with her parents, obviously, and the Jaha's too; Thelonious and his son Wells spent it with the Griffins every year – since his wife passed away – and every year, every goddamn year, Clarke's mother seemed intent on marrying her off to Wells.

It was surprising, really. Clarke loved her mother – and her father, of course – and she wanted to make them happy, but the idea of Clarke and Wells fitting together like a perfect couple didn't sit well with her. In truth, Wells was one of her best friends. They'd been through school together, and were in separate colleges, but they stayed in touch where they could and made the effort to see each other. But Clarke had never felt any kind of pull towards him.

He'd taken her to prom and, sure, they'd shared a kiss. But it was agreed upon pretty much right away that Clarke and Wells were much more like brother and sister than anything else. She wanted him in her life, just not like that.

Her parents, and Thelonious for that matter, didn't much care for that.

'They're convinced we're going to wind up together,' Clarke said, huffing as she fell backwards on to her roommate's bed. She folded her hands over her stomach and peered over to where Raven was tinkering with her computer at the desk.

'Maybe you will,' said Raven absently. She'd pulled off the hard case of her laptop and was fiddling with what looked like a credit card, all green and covered in tiny golden specs. Clarke thought Raven called it a hard board, or a memory drive or something like that.

'We won't,' Clarke muttered defiantly. 'Doesn't make a difference either way; I'm still going to be spending the holidays keeping them and their silly remarks at bay. And the looks they give us – ugh!'

Clarke grabbed a pillow and attempted to smother herself. She stopped upon feeling someone pat her stomach. A weight dropped next to her on the bed, and she cast the pillow aside to reveal Octavia, their third roommate, who she hadn't heard come in. She laid down next to Clarke at the foot of Raven's double bed, kicking off her shoes.

'You're so glad your day wasn't my day,' she said, taking the pillow Clarke had put down and setting it under her head. Clarke moved up to rest her own on it, too.

'What happened?' Raven asked, still not looking up from her project. Her tone was dry; she and Octavia got on well enough, but now and then they had very little patience for each other. Raven didn't like it when Octavia complained – she claimed she did it too much – and Octavia would always call Raven out on acting high and mighty.

'You've got a hell of a brain, Reyes. Why not try using it for something other than being a bitch?'

Clarke recalled the first time she'd introduced the two of them and winced. Thankfully, Jasper and Monty had been around to intervene. They were friends, even if sometimes they were loathed to admit it, and Clarke knew that one without the other wouldn't last all that long. A smile touched her lips, just briefly, before she was brought back to the present by a cushion being flung across the room and landing in her lap.

'Hey!' she called to Raven, who had set her computer aside and was smirking at her.

'Sorry, I was aiming for numskull over there.'