:: Chapter Fifty ::

Start from the beginning

Scratchman fell away from her with a slight yelp as he realized the Kid Pirate's strongest fighter was in perfect condition. "What is going on here?"

Hawkin's stared in awe at the murderous girl and realization dawned on him as to why the cards had shifted. Malice had been reborn and so had the ruthless captain of the Kid Pirates and together they were truly fearsome. "It's not a good day for your enemies." He commented with a mysterious smile.

"You do realize you two are also our enemies, right?" Malice smiled wickedly.

"Not at this time." Hawkins smiled.

"We have an alliance." Scratchman noted as he composed himself and shot a wary look at the girl as she had still refused to lower her weapons.

"I didn't agree to an alliance." Malice warned them both as she lowered her weapons. "Keep that in mind." She shot a warning glare to the captain of the On Air Pirates.

Pretending as if nothing had happened, Hawkins turned to look at Kid's newly formed arm before facing the newly reborn Malice, "That must have hurt a great deal." He indicated Kid's arm.

"What do you mean?" Kid frowned as Malice blanched.

Hawkins looked between the pair curiously, was it possible the captain of the Kid Pirates was unaware? He turned his gaze to the blood-haired beauty and felt his heart stutter in his chest at the hellish glare aimed in his direction.

"What's he talking about?" Kid growled as Malice pursed her lips.

"Don't worry about it." Malice brushed it away, "Are you breaking off this stupid alliance yet or not?"

"We haven't finished what we started." Kid shot at her, "Now what the hell is he talking about?"

"We don't need them." Malice growled glaring at the two allied captains.

"I'm getting a little tired of your -." Scratchman began with a snarl but cut off as Hawkins held up his hand.

"If you value your life, you won't finish that sentence." He warned as he looked to the cards in his hand spelling out Apoo's demise.

A strong gust of wind whipped about them all with a loud shriek and Malice suddenly hurled one of her daggers in Kid's direction startling everyone. The loud clang of clashing steel reverberated across the deck and everyone stared in awe as Malice's dagger clashed with another that had been aimed at the crimson-haired captain and would have hit him between the eyes, both daggers clattered to the deck.

"Very good." A dark voice sounded from the massive skull figurehead.

Everyone turned to the new voice and the three captains' felt their stomachs churn uneasily as they spotted a very familiar, very ominous face of one of the wanted men with a bounty of over a billion Beri's. He was a tall man with cold unfeeling eyes, sun weathered skin that was covered in eerie bold black tattoos and long raven hair that fell perfectly flat down his back; he was an assassin in the criminal underworld, and one of the best. His dark black as night eyes swept over the tense crowd and a wicked smile crossed his painted lips.

"Think you can do it again?"

Malice looked to her remaining dagger, "Think you can try it before I kill you?" She felt invincible, she'd never been entirely pain free before. Her body could move without restriction or protest, her muscles could be utilized to their fullest and her strength and speed had increased exponentially.