Chapter 1

(Natalie looks like the MEDIA)

Elizabeth Masen's POV (Edward and Natalie's birth mother)
I was slowly dying of the Spanish influenza and so were my children. I looked in the direction of the doorway and there stood Dr. Carlisle. "Come." I beckoned. 

Carlisle's POV
"You must do everything in your power to save Natalie and Edward. They must live on, my time is nearly up and I want them to live to the fullest. Promise me you'll try and save them. Take this and give it to Natalie, it's my wedding ring she always said how she loved it and how she wanted one just like it." Elizabeth said as I walked to her side and took the ring from her hand. "I promise." I said as she faded away. I took her body to the morgue and placed her in a unit.

 I stayed until closing and after. "Carlisle come on we're closing." One of my colleagues says. "I have to check on another patient I'll lock it up." He nodded and exited the hospital. I entered Natalie and Edward's room. They both had their eyes closed, probably sleeping. I walked over to Edward first and bit his neck and tore myself away as soon as the venom entered. He began to scream which woke Natalie. She looked over at her brother horrified. "What did you do? Edward it's okay." She yelled.

 I walked over to her and bit her neck and stepped away. She squirmed violently, but managed to grab Edward's hand. Edward himself stopped screaming at her touch and stayed silent and so did Natalie. The venom was taking effect. I grabbed their bodies and slung them over my shoulder and exited out a window and ran off as far as possible. I promised that I keep them alive and that's what I'll do.