'im going to finish unpacking later and go look around until dinner' I said to cam. 'alright!' the only reason I wanted to go look around was so I could maybe see Harry.

I walked through rows of trees and listened to the music coming from each cabin, I heard violins playing Mozart, pianos playing Micheal Van De Ar and guitars strumming to their own beat. Somehow I ended up at the lake, it was peaceful there, you couldn’t hear the city, or the instruments or anyone for that matter. I walked down the boardwalk and stuck my feet in the water, it was cold but refreshing at the same time. ''hey' someone said behind me, I turned around and saw Harry holding his guitar, 'I was playing over there, and I saw you walk over' 'that’s an amazing guitar' I said. 'yeah it was my dads, he gave it took me' 'can I touch it' 'yeah sure' he sat down next to me and handed me the guitar. I started to strum 'so what groups are you in?' I asked him, '9 and 10, 9 for academic and 10 for musical' it was fate, 'me too!' 'sweet, im glad ill be seeing more of you' I looked down feeling a bit embarrassed. 'MARILYN COME ON ITS DINNER TIME' cam yelled. 'oh I guess I better' 'yeah me too' we both got up and I handed him his guitar.

When dinner was over Cam and I went back to our cabin, 'so are you ready for tonight?' I looked at her in confusion, 'whats tonight?' 'only the best part of going to camp here, its the first open mic night!' 'oh right I read about that online' that was a lie, I had no idea what the hell was going on. 'well are you going to do it?' she asked. 'I don’t know I doubt it, its only my first day and my first year' 'come on!' 'maybe'. We got back in our room and finished unpacking. About an hour later, another girl came into our room, 'hey Cam!' 'Emily! Hey' Cam got up and gave her a hug, 'I haven’t seen you since last year! You preforming tonight!' 'oh yeah!' I looked over, 'Emily, this is my roommate Marilyn Benson' 'HI! I love your songs...and your mom' 'thanks' 'are you going to sing or something tonight?' 'nah, I think ill just watch' 'suit yourself, let go!' before leaving I grabbed my guitar and went outside.

When we got there, there was already some one playing. 'Marilyn over here' I took a seat next to Cam and Emily, I looked over and tried to see if I could see Harry. 'OK next up we have Harry Whitmore! Let give it up for Harry!' the crowd cheered and he came on stage. 'Hi, im going to be playing a song I wrote, and I hope you all like it' the crowd cheered once more and he started to strum. He had a very deep voice, it was slow and sexy. 'wow hes really good' I said to cam, 'yeah' I kept listening to his words and observing his strumming pattern. He finished and I clapped as loud as I could, 'wow that was amazing' the host said, 'now we have another first year camper' my heart sank and I looked at Cam 'give it up for Marilyn Benson!' I couldn't move 'where are you Marilyn?' 'SHES RIGHT HERE!' Cam yelled and pushed me forward making me stand up. I grabbed my guitar and walked on stage. I slowly unpacked it, and stood back up, 'hi? I’m Marilyn, I don’t really know what to sing, so im just going to make something up' the crowd clapped. I started singing about random stuff. I guess it was pretty good because when I was done everyone cheered, It didn’t make up for that fact that I was mad at Cam for doing that and embarrassed for going up there in the first place. I quickly packed back up my guitar and ran off stage, past Cam, past my cabin and strait to the boardwalk. I took a few deep breaths and took back out my guitar and just started to strum. I didn’t really think I was being dramatic, I mean I really didn’t want to go up there and I embarrassed the shit outta myself.

It was around 11:00 when I went back to the cabin. 'dude where did you go' 'what the fuck cam! I said I didn’t want to and you signed me up' 'I thought it would be good for you' 'your not my mother cam! You don’t have to take care of me!' 'OK fine im sorry'. I took a quick shower and went to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of someone playing their electric guitar extremely loud, I looked at my clock, it was around 8, I looked at my schedule my first class what at 830. I got out of bed and got dressed in a band shirt, jean shorts and toms. My first class was Advanced Chem. 2, goodie waking up to hydrochloric acid and other deadly acids. I walked out my door and everyone was running around carrying cases and backpacks trying tog get to class. I pulled out my map and tried to direct myself. I was in Tomlin Hall room 4. it was close so I took my time.