Harmony - A Short Love Story

(A/N: " Heyy, everyone its LuckyNate again.

This is a short 2 chapter story for a contest on Wattpad. I'm hoping to win, so if you all can help me improve it and such, that would be great.

Talon is played by Diggy Simmons and the song is Angel With A Shotgun by The Cab

**Update**

This story has been edited to a phenonemal degree by the awesome Violet_Surls :) I can't thank her enough. Please re-read and enjoy the more enthralling story lol ")

I stood on the edge of Rosalin's father's lawn, his grand house facing towards me, and his imposing figure blocking my path to the most precious thing I had. The sky was dark, the stars exceptionally bright.

My fist tightened at my side as I tossed the disheveled hoody from my head and glared at the pale white man in front of me. His fierce expression would be met with my own in return. If it came down to it, I would be ready for a fight. I would defend myself.

"You really think I'm going to let you take her from me?" I asked him disbelieving, my onyx eyes hard and my lips tight against each other. I could feel wrinkles of anger that were forming over my forehead.

"You don't have a choice, Talon. This is my will, her father's will!" He barked back viciously.

The more I looked at the man, the more I felt like he reminded me of a territorial lion. His inky black hair was swept back in an angry line, giving him a harsh and demanding profile. But it was the eyes that were the most leonine. They pinned mine savagely, their hazel glow filled with every threat the man could muster.

I glanced pass Bishop and towards Rosalin, her body partially hidden by her protective father. Her face had lost the color that I had fell for, the smile and passion that had enthralled me. Now, all that rested on her porcelain skin was a barren pasture of hopelessness. For a second, I began to wilt, the anger fading slowly. What her father was doing was wrong, it wasn't fair to her. He was trying to rip us apart, but I had sworn that I would never let that happen. I had told her that.

And I would keep my word.

"You are to never see her again, boy!" He spat that last word with contempt before looking off to the side.

"If I had known you two would get this involved, I would had never allowed it to carry on." He glanced towards where he knew Rosalin was standing. "I wasn't expecting her to love you so much." His words carried such disbelief, such loathing, that I looked away in shame for a moment.

My shoulders rose and fell with exhaustion from our bout earlier. Mr. Bishop was stronger than I thought he would be, tough, like an aging wild animal. I could still feel in his fingers, powerful and gripping, on the dark skin of my shoulders. The tugging as he yanked me down the hall and out into the front lawn still echoed in my muscles. Rosalin's eyes were still there too, burning into my memory like a forbidden taboo. Hazel, like her fathers, they had been filled with such fear and distress. I never should have snuck in to see her, but it was the only way.

"Don't call me boy, Mr. Bishop!" I yelled, my breath coming in sharp jabs that pulled my anger deeper into me, bringing with it all the hurt and sadness from Rosalin. "You know my name, so use it." I stated coldly, reeling my self-control back into my skin.

I was tired of the yelling, sure that if it continued, another fight between her father and me would break out. Honestly, I didn't care whether or not Rosalin was all he had left. What I did care about was the pain that our four-month long strife had put her through.

His face contorted with anger. "Who are you to use that tone with me?" He demanded, tensing up as if ready to fight again. "Boy, I will beat you blacker than what you already are!"

I flinched from the boom of his voice, then tensed up as well. "I'm not backing down from you!" I raged loudly, raising my fist in a trained boxing guard.

Her father started forwards but quickly stopped when Rosalin took hold of his arm, tears freshly falling down her face. "Stop, dad! You can't do this!" She wailed, her slender arms wrapping around his arm even tighter. "I love you both! Goddam it, why are you two fighting like this?"

I lost my breath, the realization that she was right hitting me harder than I thought it could. I loosened my fist and felt my body drawing closer to her. I wanted to comfort her, too hold her. .

"O-Of course I know. . ." I whispered, saddened by the pain she was feeling.

"It doesn't matter. Rosy, Get off of me!" He barked, trying to wrench his arm from her grasp. They struggled for one long moment, then with a powerful yank he free his arm. Rosalin lost her balance. Momentum caused her to stumble back. She wobbled, arms reaching for something to hold onto. .

My heart stopped as she fell, her body flailing, fingers closing on thin air. I put my legs to work, determined to break her fall anyway I could.

She landed against my chest, the both of us was sprawled out against the dew soaked lawn. I could feel a bruise forming but I knew it had been worth it. Rosalin was safe, and that was all that ever mattered to me; forever would it be the only thing.

She groaned lightly as she lifted her head off my chest and positioned herself between my legs. My hands were place on the sides of her lower back; must have landed there during the aftermath.

As she looked up at me, her tears swelling and her face regretful, I could think of nothing else to do but smile. I hoped that it was enough to ease her hurt.

"Talon. . ." She stuttered hysterically, burrowing her head into the heart of my leather jacket.

I hesitated to rub her head like I usually do to comfort her, the presence of her father being a dreadful deterrent.

But hell, why should I care. I had fought for her already and had decided to do it for the rest of my life if need be. I dropped my hand on her head, stroking it gently while staring at the man defiantly.

"Look what you've done to her." I said from the ground, my voice harder than it was before. "I would say shame but from the look on your face you're already feeling it."

Her father's arms were limp at his side now, submission finally in those steel-like eyes of his. He said nothing. The lion had retreated from his features and he was just a man, a broken, angry, old man.

My anger was still pounding against my skin to be let out. I could almost see me jumping up and slamming my fist into his jaw. "What? No response now? You're a joke."

I started to stand up to confront him but felt Rosalin tighten her grip on my jacket. I looked down at the top of her head, half her body was still laid out on the damp grass.

My face soften instantly, my concern for her overwhelming.

I reached down towards her, stroking her face soothingly. "Its okay, Rosa. I don't want you to cry anymore so I won't fight him. . . In fact," I glanced away from her distressed eyes, not wanting her to discern my motives. "This needs to be said. . . "