04

-

Lumapit ako sa puwesto niya to ask why the f is he here.

"Good afternoon, sir. May I ask why are you here?" I politely asked with a fake smile.

"I visited the lola, I noticed that you're not in your desk so I asked her. Sabi niya you are handling my house so I went here." He smiled playfully.

 "Oh, you want to take a look sa place? Shall we go there?" Itinuro ko ang building na nilabasan ko kanina.

Umiling siya. "No thanks. Let's just talk about it over an early dinner." Binuksan niya ang pintuan ng front seat. "Get in, miss secretary."

I was hesitating for a bit dahil napapansin ko na he was nice and all smiled so I found it weird. 

I get in to his car. He drive his way papunta sa kung saan man niya ako dadalhin.

He brought me at a Filipino cuisine, I guess he set a reservation the way he talk to the waiter na nakasuot ng Camisa de Chino and salakot.

"Seven Zamora." 

"This way, sir." 

The waiter guided us until we reached the table. Nasa gilid kami banda nakaupo, may nakalagay na RESERVED doon.

When we finally sit, kinuha niya ang menu then he looked at me like he's asking for help so I immediately understood. 

He doesn't know what to pick.

Kinuha ko agad ang menu. "Ano'ng best seller niyo?" I asked the waiter.

"Mayroon po kaming traditional and modern recipes, which do you prefer po?"

I look at Seven who's just watching us. "Sir, do you want traditional or modern recipe?" 

"I'd like to try both."

He's really smiley today, it's weird.

"Yes, we'll get an order of your best sellers in dish, drinks and desserts both traditional and modern." I said before looking at Seven again. "Sir, would you like to have rice?"

"Sure." He smiled.

"Yes, that's all." I gave the menu back to the waiter before giving Seven a look. "Do you know this place, sir?"

He laughed a bit bago siya uliming. "No, not at all." Natawa siya sa kaniyang sarili.

Why is he laughing? Anong nakakatawa?

"Then why did you chose to be here, sir? I should have brought you to a Korean--"

"I've been eating Korean foods ever since I came here. I wanted to try Filipino foods too, it's been a while since I tried some so I kinda forgot and miss the taste."

I wanted to ask more but since he didn't opened it up, I didn't dig deeper. That's part of my job, to respect everyone and not ask something that should create misunderstanding at work. Never cross the line.

"So, I went to the Pacelio earlier. To compare to other condominium's penthouses to it, the Pacelio is better in terms of space and service. All you wanted for your penthouse is possible."

Tumango tango siya. "Is the design done?"

"I contacted the assigned architect earlier, and he said I could get it by next day. He made three designs."

"Okay, the meal is here. Let's eat first." 

Dumating na ang order namin.

"The first dish is Pork Vegetable Tamarind stew, the second one is Pork Menudo. For drinks you'll be having iced tea and pineapple juice. And you'll have Leche flan, and halo halo extra special for dessert." The waiter said.

"Yes, thank you." I said then the waiter go saka ko tinignan si Seven. "Let's eat, sir."

But instead of eating immediately, he was taking the picture of the foods and then hand me his phone.

"Sir?" Naguguluhan kong tanong nang iabot niya saakin ang kaniyang cellphone.

"Take a picture of me. Make sure it'll looks good."

I laughed awkwardly before getting the phone. Mabuti na lang talaga at marunong akong kumuha ng magandang litrato.

"Here, sir." Iniabot ko sa kaniya ang cellphone.

"Okay, let's eat." He smiled.

Habang kumakain ay pasimple kong pinapanuod ang reaksyon niya, mukha namang nagustuhan niya ang mga kinakain niya kaya pinabayaan ko muna.

"About your penthouse, sir. It will maybe took a month for renovation and customization so you'll have to wait for a bit."

He shrugged. "Okay. But make sure it'll not exceed, I hate waiting."

I smiled. "If you want a great home, sir. You'll wait."

He mockingly laughed. "I'll only be staying here for almost a year, I was just forced by you to buy a penthouse. I need to come back for work."

"May I know why, sir?" I can't help but to ask. Fudge. I think I'm crossing the line.

I heard his smirk. "Interesado ka na sa akin, ngayon?"

Hindi ko alam kung anong ifo-focus ko. 'Yung sinabi niya ba mismo or the fact that he talked in Filipino.

"Nagtatagalog ka, sir?" Medyo nagugulat ko pa ring tanong.

"Of course, I'm a Filipino." He smirked. "Hindi mo inaasahan?"

"Well, I just thought you've been raised in Korea so..."

"I'm born and raised here until I was eight then I continued studying in L.A because my mother wanted us to live there for the meantime. Then we flew to Korea when I was 15." He shrugged.

"You have three citizenship?" I asked.

"Perhaps." He shrugged.

"That sounds cool." I said.

"That's cool?" His smile is teasing. "You like cool things?"

"Well, perhaps?" I mocked him and shrugged.

He smirked. "I could be cool too."

Nangunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya ngunit hindi ko iyon pinansin at nagpatuloy na lang sa pagkain hanggang sa matapos kami.

Nauna akong matapos dahil parang ninanamnam niya pa ang kinakain niya. Parang isang minuto kada nguya ang ginagawa niya kaya ang tagal.

"Thanks for the meal, sir. I'll give you the design tomorrow, I'll call you po."

"You'll call me?" He asked.

"I have your number, sir." I informed him.

"Ah right, when you picked me up." Tumango tango siya. "What's your address?" 

"Po?" I asked, naguguluhan. 

"I'll send you home." He smiled.

"Ah no thanks, sir. I'll commute na lang, it's not that far from here." 

"I insist, medyo late na. You can't say it's safe." He said at binuksan ang pinto ng kaniyang kotse kaya wala na rin akong nagawa.

I told him the address so he drive the way until we reached the address of my apartment.

"Thank you for sending me home, sir." Sabi ko nang maka-baba kami sa kaniyang kotse.

He smiled again. I found it super weird as he is so snob and intimidating for the first time I met him.

Last time, he was so intense and strict. Now, he's smiley. Does he have multiple personalities?

The fact that he could be attractive and handsome in both is cool. But what the hell am I saying?

"It's fine. Thank you for joining me at dinner."

I smiled. "It's part of my work, sir."

I saw his smile faded but he still managed to smile again. What's with the reaction?

"So, see you around?"

I nodded as I smile. "See you around."

-