Finding a Solution

"Oh my Notch! He is such a delinquent!" Alex said, shaking her head in disbelief as you grabbed your English books from your locker. Sigh, " I know but... he looked famili-" " Y/n! Alex! What's up?" Steve says loudly at the opposite end of the hallway. Making his way to the both you with a shit eating grin on his face. Chuckling because of the way he tried getting Alex and your attention, you turn to her to pick up the conversation but you clearly see she just melted at the pure sight of him. "So much for finishing that thought." You mumble as you see Steve finally catch up to you both. " Hey I missed you two in Nature! We would have had a field day laughing at the dumbass who set the room on fire last year." He chuckled. " Pfft, You couldn't have missed us that much." Alex said, a slight blush appeared on her cheeks." I know, kidding but for real, I just can't get enough of you guys." He said adding a winking. Alex squeaked, holding her books a little tighter." Well we better be going to English, We'll see you around Steve!" You cut in their conversation, dragging Alex with you who didn't want to depart from Steve just yet. "Hahaha" Steve laughed, matching both your walking paces " You can't get rid of me that easy, I have English as well!" Giddily, Alex exclaimed "Oh well then let's all go!" as she was no longer being dragged by you.

////in class////

Steve had finished writing the small essay that the teacher has assigned for that day. Your pen however was still etching across the page in hopes that the essay was at the very least decent. Feeling a poke to your right side you turn to look over at Steve who looks a bit concerned as he begins to say, " Uh, hey have you seen a guy similar to me? He's my brother. His name Herobrine, he WAS supposed to be in here." The pen comes to a scratching halt as your eyes widened at the information dump Steve just spilled to you. " Wait? Herobrine is your brother? Why did you never mention that he was attending our school?!?" You question Steve as this was all news to you. No wonder he looked so familiar, you thought to yourself. " Well .." Steve says sheepishly, "I thought I had already explained it but I must have forgot to tell you haha..." He trailed off as the look on your face was deadpan to his attempt at being coy. "Sheesh okay, I'll be quick, Herobrine recently transferred last week from another school. Not to mention he lived with my aunt and uncle since his relationship with our parents got a bit rocky. But Mom believes in second chance and was able to convince him to at least try to rebuild his relationship with us." Steve sounded a little heartbroken through his explanation. After knowing Steve through all this time the only time he would ever sound like this was when he would screw up big or if he missed you or Alex. He continued " He really shouldn't be getting into any type of trouble because he knows that kind of thing breaks mom's heart." "Kinda like how he broke that window" you said blatantly as it was Steve's turn to be surprised. You quickly start to explain as you just realized what you blurted out. "Well apparently he 'broke the window' according to Diamond, but you know how she is with her tales. I have to meet with Principal Zion for the tutoring schedule so if there is a chance I can try to convince her to give him a chance." Steve looked at you hopefully being genuinely content that you were helping his brother. "Really you think you can manage that?" He asks. " I mean he is new here after all and besides no one except rookie teachers would believe a word Diamond says." You answer his question with confidence because you knew that Principal Zion was not a cruel person to deny people chances. Steve smiles, looking at you and offering his thanks for what you were planning to do.

/////Principal Zion's Office/////

You tap your knuckles on the sturdy door, "Principal Zion may I speak with you?" A response is heard from the other side "Yes, come in please." Entering the Principal's lavished office you see it is filled with metals, degrees and diplomas. You're not surprised judging by the fact that she was an witch who has lived for 1000 years. Yet, what surprised you was the amount of diplomas she had that didn't belong to the region or the ones that pertained to collages that no longer existed. " Ah, yes Y/n what can I do for you today?" Principal Zion asked as she spun around in her chair to face you." Well I came to ask about the tutoring schedule since you changed my hours." You say. "Right thank you for reminding me." She replied as she scooted her chair to a file drawer and dug through it to pull out what you were looking for. She hands you the paper as you begin to inquire again. " I am also here because I wanted to ask you about a student by the name of Herobrine. Has he been here?" You ask trying your best to sound sincere and not nosy. Principal Zion looks at you with a puzzled look on her face as to why you would ask such a question. " Yes indeed I have, he broke a window with his 'glare' as Diamond kindly put it but I know her words aren't always truthful." She chuckled as she took off her reading glasses. You sigh in relief knowing that he wasn't in any trouble. "However," You held your breath cursing yourself internally for jinxing yourself." However what?" You questioned her. She continues, " I know that the boy is troubled. His personal report is proof of it." She holds a file in her hand assuming it has his personal information. Adding on she says "I can feel some tension Herobrine has. He's not a bad guy but he's just different. I'm sure you can relate" She smiles at you as you clearly know what she is referring to. You chuckle nervously " Yeah I get that but I'm still a bit confused. What are you are trying to say?" As you ask this, Principal Zion refiled Herobrine's information back into a large file drawer and locks it. "I mean that since you can relate to some of his struggles then maybe you should be his guide. I already matched up all his classes with yours so there should be no problem on that end. A student like you should be able to help said 'delinquent'. I believe if anyone can help him it's you." As she finishes her statement you stand there flabbergasted. Not thinking this situation was going to go this direction. You pause for a bit letting her speech sink in for a moment before asking again, "How are you so confident that I can do this?" A soft smile crosses Principal Zion's lips "Because you were able to overcome some of the prejudice, I know that you have the ability to help someone else do too." You eyes widen at the words that leave her mouth. Sure you had struggles to fit in before as having an ability to control fire wasn't common as well as it was labeled as dangerous. It's also associated to having a hot temper which was not something you were known to have. Yet, either as a favor for Steve or to live up to the expectations set by Principal Zion you replied "I will try my best, thank you." You start to walk out of her office. "Oh! One more thing Y/n..." You turn to face her, "Tell Steve not to worry too about his brother. He has a good heart but he needs to let Herobrine deal with his own issues." You chuckled as you thought of earlier and how worried Steve had become.

ART IS MINE DO NOT STEAL