Chapter 0: Into: Part 2

The boy was racing towards the Wolf's cave. He knew that he would be too late, but he still had to try. He had to try to save Duchess. The cave was coming into sight so he gave one last burst of speed to try to make it on time. "Hang on My Lady" the black cat thought, hoping that somehow she would know he was coming, that he hadn't left her behind.

Finally, the black cat saw the opening to the cave, but he couldn't see the white cat he was looking for. The boy stopped, realizing he might be too late, and his tail drop in despair. "I'm too late" the black cat thought. And that was when he heared the low growls behind him.

As the cat turned around he saw a pack of wolves. One chuckled and said, "Looks like the kitty lost his toy." The other two chuckled until the one said, "He won't be needing it for long." And with that, they jumped at the black cat.

The boy, already despairing over his possible loss, was annoyed by the three mutts in front of him. As they surrounded the black cat he took one moment to take in the situation, then he pounced.

The mutts were down before they knew what happened. The boy took one look around him, then started to head toward the cave once more. "If Wolf has his guard dogs covering this entrance," the boy thought, "then this must be where he is holding her."

As the black cat made it to the entrance of the cave he almost dropped his staff from what he saw. Wolf was walking toward the white cat. Duchess, obviously hurt, tried to get away. Wolf only laughed at the attempt, then continued toward the poor girl. Then he tried to grab her Miraculous. The boy snapped out of his trance and threw his staff just as the Wolf was about to reveal who his Duchess was.

As the Wolf grabbed his injured hand the boy said, "Looks like you aren't feline-ing very well, Wolf. Purr-haps I can give you a paw with that?" The Wolf glared at the black cat, but he wasn't paying attention. The boy did see those Persian blue eyes that looked at him in awe, though. Then the black cat looked at the Mutt with enough coldness to freeze any man in his place.

But the Wolf wasn't a man, so he reacted in a way that he knew the boy would hate. He pulled the girl in front of him as she was calling out the boy's name and placed one of his claws under her chin. The black cat looked from the gray hound and the girl in white once before he said, "Let her go."

The Wolf laughed in reply and said, "Oh no, I don't think so." The boy, worried about what was going on in that maniac's head, tightened his grip on his staff. "What is he going to do to her?" the boy thought. The Wolf, seeing he had an effect on the boy, said "I have no idea how you made it past my guards, but they still did their jobs. Giving me just enough time to capture her! You see, as long as I have her," the wolf added enough pressure under with his claw until a bead of red appeared under the girl's chin, "I know I will get out of here safely." The boy didn't know what happened next, for everything went dark.

==================================

The boy woke with a start. In reply he heard a low groan come from under his covers. The boy pulled the covers far enough back to see his black-cat Kawami rubbing his eyes. He heard the Kawami tiredly say, "Camembert?" before opening its eyes.

The Kawami lazily looked up at the boy and asked, "What time is it?" The boy looked over at his alarm clock, it read 12:01 A.M.

The boy guiltily relayed the time to his tired Kawami. The cat-like creature frowned, then said "Why are we awake at twelve in the morning?" The boy shook his head and mumbled, "Bad dream." The kawami yawned before replying, "Well, seeing how I am already up you might as well tell me about it. Over cheese that is."

The boy sighed before pulling some Camembert out of his refrigerator and handing it to his Kawami. Then he told the cat-like creature what had happened.

The Kawami chewed thoughtfully before saying, "This is the second time you've had this dream, right?" The boy only nodded. The Kawami swallowed the rest of his cheese before saying, "Then there is no point in fussing over it. If you really want, you can be a bit more careful when patrolling with Duchess, though." The boy thought for a moment before asking, "Should we tell her?"

The Kawami, tired from his cheese and "lack" of sleep, replied lazily, "No, she might start to worry, and get distracted. She is the one in peril danger in your dream after all. And if she starts to get distracted, she could get hurt." The boy thought that over for a moment, then replied, "Fine, but I won't like lying to her." At that the little Kawami just yawned and said, "Then don't, just don't tell her the full truth," and fell asleep. The boy sighed before saying, "Goodnight Plagg." The black Kawami replied, half consciously, "Night kid." The boy smiled, then fell asleep.