chapter eight

I do realize these chapter are quite short in comparison of my other vkook fic but I figured this one is more sweet and lighthearted while the other is full of drama so more words needed.

Also: this chapter is suddenly in the present tense and tbh I'm just going along with it. I kinda prefer writing in the present more (note of 2021 rainy to 2017 rainy: "no you don't. every other story we wrote is in the past tense you doofus omg stop lying")

Jungkook's P.O.V

"Why do I keep waking up in your arms?", I hear Taehyung mumble against my shoulder, his hot breath sending tingles down my spine. I have no idea if he's talking to me or just to himself. I feel him shuffling away but almost as an impulse I tighten my grip on him, pulling him even closer.

"You're... awake?", when I hear his question I open one eye to look at him. A soft blush is visible on his cheeks.

"No", I say and close my eye again, breathing in his scent as I snuggle my face into his dark brown hair.

"W-why are you in my bed... again?", Taehyung stutters into my chest.

"You had a nightmare and you immediately calmed down with my presence so I figured you'd sleep better with me here", I explain, questioning myself mentally why I'm so okay with skinship so suddenly. Is it only with Taehyung?

Taehyung's P.O.V

I am currently freaking the fuck out! 

Why? 

Why is he here, holding me so close to him, not realizing it drives my hormones crazy? His strong arms are around my waist, almost crushing me and his legs are tangled with mine. Breathing gets harder as his scent is everywhere, I'm basically pressed into his chest. His breathing sends shivers everywhere and I hope he doesn't notice. I feel hot. It's too warm to breath. I push my face out of his shirt and look up, biting my lip nervously. Jungkook has his eyes closed and he looks so peaceful. His soft red lips are only a few inches away. I could just-

"What are you doing?"

Dark eyes bore themselves into mine. I swallow noticeable.

Jungkook's P.O.V

What's wrong with him. He's staring at me with doe eyes, biting his lips in worry. I see an expression fly across his face. What is he thinking?

"Are you okay?", I ask worried. He doesn't answer and just edges closer. My eyes widen as I notice the closeness, the gap between us closing more and more. Soon soft lips press themselves against mine, taking me by surprise. I try to kiss back, hoping I'm doing it somewhat okay 'cause he's really good at it. There are no fireworks but I do have a weird feeling in my stomach, it's quite pleasant. I want to cup his cheeks but before I can reach his face he pulls back.

He looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

"I-I am so sorry", he says with ragged breathing, "I-I didn't want to ruin our friendship! I'm sorry I'm sorry!" He slips from my grasp in a moment of weakness and dashes out of the bedroom. I'm left staring at the door which he left open.

What the hell just happened?