Eleven

Open Book

Bea's POV

She glanced at me for a split-second. Her eyes was brimming with tears, and her face indicated the tears that have dried up.

She looked tired and sad (Well, duh? You're becoming more and more stupid, Bea).

"A-Are you okay?" I shook my head, "I-I mean what happened, Jho?"

She didn't respond.

I knelt down and hugged her tightly which she didn't budge.

I was surprised when she faced me and hugged back.

We stayed like that for a long time until she broke the hug.

"Will you be okay?" I asked.

"Hindi ko alam. After mo ako hinug? I don't think I'll ever be okay."

"Of course, crush mo ako eh." I stuck my tongue out and winked at her.

"Over my sexy dead body." She fired back.

"I believe your sexy body does not exist because it's, as you said it, dead." I smiled mischievously.

She rolled her eyes, "Mamamatay muna ako bago kita magiging crush. Feeling mo naman."

I felt a little sting in my heart when she said that but I ignored it.

"Well, same goes for you. Don't ever think na magugustuhan kita." I countered.

"Sus, ako? Wala na ngang natitirang feelings dito." She pointed to her left part chest. "And if I ever fall in love, pipiliin ko yung mga mature na."

And she's back. Here we go with the insults again.

"You know what? I don't know what's up with you. I mean I sure didn't start this fight." I pretended to be angry then stood up and slowly walked to the door.

1...

2...

3...

"Hoy, Beatriz! 'Wag mo akong iwan dito! Ang tampo lord naman nito," Jho yelled at the back.

I tried controlling my laugh while continued walking away slowly.

When I reached the door, I turned around and saw no one by the pool. I rubbed my eyes for a clearer vision and still, walang tao.

Was I dreaming?

I closed my eyes and shook my head simuntaneously, in an attempt of bringing myself back to reality but when I took a look again by the poolside, wala paring tao.

Sigh.

I must've been imagining something.

When I turn around, a girl's face came into my view.

"Bea!"

"What the fuck?!" I screamed alarmingly.

She bursted out laughing and clutched her stomach as if it was aching.

"Seriously, Jho? Not funny at all." I deadpanned.

"Ang funny kasi ng mukha mo, Beatriz." Jho giggled.

"Oh, I thought it was your face?" I told her mockingly.

She slapped my arm continously as though I took her favorite teddy
bear.

I winced at the pain. God, never let volleyball players slap you. This comes second after facial in terms of the frequency of pain one can get with volleyball players.

Jho stopped when we heard a distant cackle of a chicken.

"Wait. I thought there weren't chickens in Singapore?" I asked.

"Tanga ka ba or tanga ka ba?" She rolled her eyes. "Ano bang tawag mo sa sarili mo?"

Ano raw tawag ko sa sarili ko?

Wait, what?

She turned her back on me and went inside before I could even respond.

Hays, this girl will surely be the death of me.

💐💐💐

Here's a double update for y'all, muchachos. A little gift para sainyo because ALE won yesterday. Yay! And kasi ang cute ni Michelle Cobb (Wala lang 😍)

Thank you for the votes and reads! Deeply appreciated it.
More updates this week, yeah?

Stay woke, fam 👌