Eight

Game

On that same afternoon, Jho had planned to explain to Bea about what happened last week. Bea was clearly avoiding her the whole time. But after the training, Bea quickly headed out of the gym before Jho even had the chance to talk to her.

"So you want this way, huh? Two can play the game." Jho folded her arms, her eyes following Bea's figure running her way out of the complex.

***

The much awaited day came when Alyssa, Ella, Jia, Bea and Jho had to undergo a special training for the U-23 team in Thailand.

As soon as they got to the airport, they immediately went to greet the other representative of other schools who were already there waiting for them to arrive.

Unlike Jho, Bea had a talent of conversing and socializing with new people despite the fact that she's still a rookie and not to mention, a freshman and a transferee.

Bea felt a pair of eyes on her as if trying to melt her back and raised her eyebrows at Jho to which the smaller girl rolled her eyes at.

One of the chosen representatives noticed their cold and rather interesting exchange between the two stepped out and lent a hand to Jho, "Hi, EJ Laure from UST."

Jho was reluctant at first so seeing the girl is trying to be friendly to Jho, Bea shook Ej's hand, saving her from the awkwardness and embarrassment and saying, "Hi! I'm Bea de Leon and this is my teammate Jhoana Maraguinot."

Bea elbowed Jhoana discreetly.

Finally, Jho speaks out, "Sorry, I was kind of in trance. You can call me Jho nalang."

The UST player smiled, "Nice to meet you, Jho and Bea. Excited na ako maka laro kayo on the court."

When the flight attendee announced their flight is already bounding, Ej excused herself as she went to her luggage and to her teammates as well.

Bea snickered as she passed her way by, slightly bumping Jho's shoulder with hers, "In a trance, huh? Big word, J."

This made the Batangueña girl even madder but disregarded it anyways.

'Kalma lang, Jho. Priorities, priorities muna,' she thought.

***

It turned out that Jho couldn't calm down. She has been glaring at the Bea who were running around for the last forty minutes
and playing like a child with their other teammate, Risa Sato.

Jho felt a nudge by her shoulder. She turned around to see Ej Laure, smiling at her.

"So, mukhang may bad blood sa inyo ni Bea ah. Anyare?"

🌻🌻🌻

Hello, friends and countrymen! I'm sorry for the short chapters, lately. Blocked and busy pa si author eh.

And plus, I think y'all deserve a chapter kasi everybody's doing a great job! Thanks for the 2k+ reads! Truly an honor to have my book read by people.

Don't worry, the next chapters will be long-ass af chappies. The sooner I get this short film I'm directing for Metro Manila Film Festival (screaming internally) done, the sooner I get to update na. Summer is around the corner na rin. You know what this means? UPDATES YAY 😁

Everything's will be okay, fam. No to issues and papansins, okay? 😉

All the love, xx.