"You're facing the wrong way, Finn," I teased, keeping a whisper, "movie is over there."

"Can't help it," the corners of his mouth curved up. I began to blush once more as I stared at him, smiling.

"Millie," he looked me straight in the eye, "you're one of the best things that has happened to me in a very long time."

"I could say the same thing about you, Wolfhard," I smiled, staring into his big brown eyes. We stared at each other for a few moments with faint smiles spread across our lips. I continued to watch his eyes, and how the thousands of stars above us reflected inside of them. Suddenly, he grabbed my hips, moving me into a position where I was laying on top of him. He lifted his hand, gently brushing the curls away from my face. As we laid there, continuing to stare into each other's eyes, it felt as if the world had stopped. Our legs intertwined, our hearts beating against one another's, everything. Everything about it was perfect.

"I love you, Millie Bobby Brown," Finn whispered. I felt my heart begin racing and butterflies forming in my stomach.

"And I love you just the same, Finn Wolfhard." The small space that had once separated our faces vanished as he leaned in and kissed me. Both of our heartbeats slowed and our breaths started to sync together. This kiss was much different from last night. No shouting teenagers, loud splashes in the pool, or blaring music. Instead of Finn's lips burning from the alcohol, they had a much softer touch. It felt as if it were us against the world, and there was nothing more I wanted than to stay in that exact position for the rest of my life, just the two of us. 

---------------------

Millie's POV

It was now Monday morning, meaning that the weekend was officially over. I lazily got myself out of bed, rubbing my eyes. I threw on some leggings and a sweatshirt then went into my bathroom to finish getting ready. 

"Breakfast is ready, Mills!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I immediately ran down and took a seat in the kitchen.

"So, what'd you do this weekend?" My dad asked, cutting into his food.

"Just hung out with some friends." 

"Was that one boy you told me about there? Um... Finn?" My mom asked.

"Yes, Finn was there," I replied, smiling at the thought of him.

"And he's nice to you, right?" 

"Yes mom, Finn is nice to me." We sat in silence for a few short minutes, eating every bite of food that was on our plates.

"So, are you dating this kid?" My mom asked, smiling. 

"Oh, it looks like Sadie is here early today," I quickly stood up and grabbed my bag, trying to avoid the question. "Bye guys, love you!" I ran to the front door, shutting the door behind me. I got into the car, where Sadie sat in the driver's seat and Caleb sat next to her. 

"You look tired... long weekend?" Sadie teased. 

"Shut up," I smiled, rolling my eyes. After a few minutes, we pulled into the parking lot of school and got out of the car. As we walked into the school, I noticed Finn and Gaten standing in the hallway. 

Finn's POV

I glanced over at the front door of school, noticing Millie, Caleb, and Sadie all walk in together. Millie ran over to me, and I pecked her on the lips and put my arm around her. Sadie and Caleb walked off together and Gaten, not wanting to be the third-wheel, walked away. 

"How was the rest of your weekend?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath in, smiling. "Pretty boring, I-" 

"Looks like you were right, Jack," a guy cut her off, "she is pretty." 

I grabbed Millie's arm and put her behind me, staring him dead in the face. 

"What the fuck do you want, Jaeden?"

"Woah, Wolfhard, no need to get nasty- we were just checking out your new girl," he smirked. 

"Jack was just telling me about this girl he saw you with at the party," he took a step forward, now just inches away from my face. "I didn't realize you went for freaks," he said, chills going down my spine as I clenched my teeth, "but I'm digging it." He glanced over at Millie, who stood close behind me, and winked. It took all of my power to not punch him right then and there, but I didn't want to upset Millie. 

Jaeden and Jack walked off, along with another curly-haired kid named Wyatt. I immediately turned around to face Millie, who stood with her head down. 

"Fuck them, Millie," I said, gently raising her head with my hands. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she quickly tried blinking them away. "You aren't-"

"It's fine, Finn," she faintly smiled, wiping a tear away, "let's just get to class, okay?"