17

taeyong immediately noticed nara, he was glad that nara was sitting alone, otherwise it'll be awkward if she had a friend with her. come to think of it, nara is actually lonely. she has friends but none of them are her close friends. they just simply come and go.

     and taeyong would be more than happy to be her friend, her close friend. he'd be more than happy to know that he will always be there for nara. even if nara doesn't see him like the way he sees nara, he's okay.

     taeyong slowly approached nara, her head hanging low, staring at her cup of coffee. "nara?" he called softly, he didn't want to shock nara, although she already knew he was coming.

     "hmm?" nara replied shortly, their eyes met, Tltaeyong could've sworn that little action made his heart flutter. "are you... still sad? do you still want to cry? I can take you home if you want to," taeyong wasn't sure where to start, and ended up bombing nara with questions.

     nara shook her head. her hand stretched and she pets the empty part of the small table. "have a sit, taeyong," he would be lying if he said he wasn't surprised with nara's invite, though.

     slowly, taeyong went to take a sit in front of nara. it felt like a date, except it's not. well, taeyong never went on a date with a sad partner before. yes, taeyong had went on multiple dates before.

     "are you okay? you can tell me everything, nara, i'm here to listen."

     "i-i don't know, i mean, you are his best friend, can i trust you with my feelings?" her eyes met taeyong's innocently, and taeyong could see her eyes were starting to water. whatever jaehyun did, it must've been upsetting.

     taeyong sighed quietly. he was staring at nara's pale hands, he always adored her pale skin, it made her look cold, but she's not. she's warm by heart, but no one seemed to notice thatㅡno one seemed to cherish that.

     slowly, taeyong's hand reached nara's. he held it like it was something preciousㅡsomething fragile. which to taeyong, it is. taeyong finds nara a tiny girl, a tiny, high school girl that gets her heart easily broken. call him a freak or whatever, but taeyong had been staring at nara long enough to notice that.

     "would you... care to explain what happened with you and jaehyun?" he asked slowly, if nara refused to tell him, he would've understood it well enough. but to his surprise, nara took his other hand and held it tightly, like how anyone would do when they try to prevent themselves from crying.

     nara sighed, her eyes darted to taeyong's once again, finding the right words to start her story. "i used to like jaehyun, a lotㅡi used to love him." she started, biting her lower lip, taeyong didn't show any reaction, but he was really, really shocked.

a/n:
tada!! how is my writing? is it good? hmm