Chapter 15 - The Ball

After Titania had gotten back to her room, Margareta and her other maids got right to work on her once again. No one seemed to notice her slight absence from the palace. Titania makes a mental note to have more guards posted once she rules, she gets away with far too many things for it to be safe.

As her maids work on her, Titania keeps being updated on who has arrived and who is yet to arrive yet. By the time she was having her hair done, the Zeklos and Istok parties have arrived already, but the Ozear party has yet to show. The Lavrentiy, Mironescu, and the Iriney parties have also arrived by the time her maids had brought out her dress.

The dress the maids brought to her was nothing Titania has ever seen before. The dress was wider than her typical dresses and has a much more fuller skirt. The dress was the perfect shade of deep red, and it was embroidered directly onto the dress, around the waist, instead of onto the cyclas. The dress didn't seem to come with a cyclas at all.

Margareta informed the princess that this dress was ordered from her father. He ordered whatever was currently fashionable in the west to be brought over here, in the family colors of course.

The maids helped Titania into the dress, and as she was spinning in front of her mirror, enjoying her new dress, one of the maids brought a black jewelry box. "Princess, the dress also came with these, let us help you put them on."

She unlocked and opened the box so Titania could have a look inside. Inside were a set of golden earrings with dazzling rubies hanging from their end, a twin set of golden bracelets also lined in rubies, but the most impressive piece was the necklace that came inside the box. The heavy looking necklace matched the rest of the jewelry it came with, gold and with fourteen rubies hanging from the golden chains.

Titania was merely lost in it's perfectly crafted beauty, until Margareta started to put up her hair in order to remove the necklace Radu had given her. "No, wait!" Titania pulled away from her maid and clenched her fist around the dark stone. "I will wear all the pieces but the necklace."

The maids all looked at each other quite puzzled at the princess's statement and it was Margareta who spoke up first. "Does the piece not sue your liking, Princess? I can go and look for another piece of yours if you would so like."

"That won't be needed, I will wear the necklace I have on already," Titania said as she stopped clenching her hand around the stone and let the maids see it.

This only made the maids give even more questionable looks. "But Princess, it's silver, it doesn't match the rest of the pieces, and do you not believe that piece is a bit too plain for such an occasi-"

Titania cut Margareta off mid sentence and spoke over her, "It is my birthday and I am the princess, it is my choice if I want to match or not. And it is my choice if I want to wear this piece." The maids went quiet. It is rare for Titania to become angry with human servants, but all the servants have heard stories of what happens when a Romenheart becomes angry, and no one wants to be the one to upset them. Titania took the stone in her hand and looked down at it, her voice softening, almost as if she was speaking a thought to herself, "And it is not a plain piece, it's perfect."

******************

The East Ballroom was the largest ballroom in the Romenheart palace, and it was filled to the brim with guests. Each family had arrived, dressed fully in their family colors so it was easy to tell everyone apart, besides of obvious physical differences. Each family had an area to deem their own, marked by a flag that displaced the family's colors and crest. The family's areas where along the wall and each by a window which displaced the view of the river, sparkling in the moonlight.