Chapter 32- Out

Comincia dall'inizio

Out of pure desperation, I call Mr. Tomlinson and explain the situation. He asks for my address and promises to be there in ten minutes.

When he arrives, I manage to sneak out the back door with my bag of belongings. I'd left a note for Dr. Howard and Laurie, explaining why I couldn't stay. The decision was hard; Laurie and Dr. Howard were incredible, but I couldn't risk it with Mark.

Mr. Tomlinson was dressed in nice clothes and he'd applied extra cologne. He looked kind of weary but happy to see me.

"Are you alright?" Is the first thing he asks.

"Yeah, Mark didn't do anything. I just needed to get out of there." I said.

"I'm glad you called."

"Yeah."

The ride was silent until we reached his flat. We were greeted by Harry upon entering.

"How was your date?" Harry asks. "I see you brought a girl home!"

"The date was awful. She would've been cuter if her IQ was as large as her breasts." He responds.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know I was interrupting your date." I said. I felt genuinely terrible for being a bother.

"No worries at all. In fact, I was looking for a way to get away from her." He smiles down at me.

"SKYE!" Harry exclaims. He must not have recognized me before. He runs at me to hug me but I quickly stepped away. He looked upset, so I quickly asked to use the restroom and scurried off before they could tell me I didn't have to ask.

Louis' POV:

"What's wrong?" Harry asks me, looking over towards where Skye just escaped to.

"I think something happened with one of her newer guardians. She told me he didn't do anything, but by the way she's acting, it seems like he did." I responded. Harry nodded.

"I'm sure her avoiding your hug wasn't personal, she's just overwhelmed probably."

Harry nodded again.

When Skye emerged she looked a bit calmer. Harry asked if she wanted to play video games and she hesitated before nodding. I smiled at her and she just looked at me blankly.

"Why don't you set up the game and I talk to Skye for a couple of minutes." I said, ushering her into the kitchen away from Harry.

"I know you said nothing happened, but I have a feeling something did." I started. She looked on the verge of tears.

"I—he... i-it..." She sputtered. I could tell she was very anxious.

"M-mr. Tomlinson, I-I... can't... I can't..." She was starting to gasp for breath.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. It's okay. You don't have to say anything. I'm sorry, let me make you some tea. Take some deep breaths for me, okay?" I said. She nodded.

"The game's ready when you are, Skye!" Harry called.

Skye's POV:

I walked into the living room, heart still pounding from my conversation with Mr. Tomlinson.

"Is it okay if I just watch you?" I asked. My hands were shaking uncontrollably.

"Of course."

I watched him play Super Mario 64 and focused on my breathing. By the time I was calmed down it was nearly midnight. I was worn out from the near anxiety attack. My eyelids were drooping.