🐍~1~🐍

Briza pulled her gloves off, her eyes gazing down at her phone

Briza pulled her gloves off, her eyes gazing down at her phone. She was expecting her brother to give her a call, but she still hadn't got one from him and it caused her to worry. She was told that he and Earl were working on chasing the Gecko brothers. She barely did any training as a cop and got tired of it, she learned how to take down a man that was twice her size, how to put a gun together in less than a minute. She pressed her hand against the table, leaning forward, she was just completely worried, Earl was basically her father, and her own brother could be getting shot at.

Briza jolted in her spot at the sound of her ringtone blasting, she lifted the small item and stared at the caller ID. It was her brother's wife, her sister-in-law, Margaret. She quickly answered it, "Margie?"

"Briza, how many times have I told you not to call me that?"

Briza smiled, pressing the phone against her cheek, "More times than I can count, so, what's you calling me for?"

"It's Freddie."

Briza's smile drops, "What's going on?"

"He was shot, he's okay. He survived."

Briza's mouth began to quiver, "I hear a but coming along."

"It's Earl... he... he's dead, Briza."

Briza dropped her phone, ignoring the cracking sound it made when it reached the wooden slab of her floor. Soon her own body fell to the ground, knees hitting first, feeling no pain from it. Her body was going numb. She covered her mouth with her hands and released a sob. She could faintly hear Margaret's calls from the cracked phone but she ignored them. She stood, but her knees wobbled, her hand slammed against the table for support. She searched for her car keys and struggled to force herself out of the house toward her car. Her hand moved into the glove compartment, snatching the emergency phone Freddie kept in there for her.

"Briza-"

"Where are you at?"

"Briza, you shouldn't-"

She tightened her jaw, "Where are you Ferdinand? I will not ask again." Once he answered her, but with an added sigh, she took off in her car. Her fists kept tightening around the wheel, tears were streaming down her face as she drove, but she could not see the street well, she had to blink away tears to see where she was going. She pulled up, her eyes staring at the smoke flying into the air. Her eyes searched for her brother, spotting his hat from the distance. She took a running start for him, but had to stop herself when she caught sight of the body bag.

Freddie turned his head from the deputy to see his sister standing there petrified, "Briza." He gently put his hand on her shoulder and turned her around so she was no longer facing the scene, "You don't need to see this."

"Who did this to him?" Briza demands, eyes not wavering from her older brother. "And are we going to get the son of a bitch who did?"

"No, you are not coming with me."