Katelyn

Katelyn's POV-
Today has possible been the worst day. But it's only 7:37... great. I woke up to sea sickness, then I remembered Travis would be up on deck taking his shift of steering the ship. I clambered up to top deck (avoiding toppling to the ground in fear of waking Aphmau, Garroth and the girls up), quickly threw up over the side of the ship and headed up to Travis. He was shirtless and lost in his thoughts and didn't take any notice of me until I rested my chin on his shoulder and he flicked back to reality through a startled jump. 'I didn't see you there' he said. I could see slight visions of the Demon Warlock in his eyes... I didn't say anything and he seemed quite alarmed by that. 'Did I do something wrong?!'
'No, no you did nothing I was just-'
'Just what?'
'Wondering what you were thinking about...' he seemed to notice my voice dim out at the end of that sentence.
He lifts my chin of his shoulder and brings me in front of him.
'Katelyn. You know exactly what I'm talking about... him.' His voice went dark at the end of that sentence and it scared me for a second.
'I know. I just wish you would stop thinking about him, it's the only thing you do'
'I'm trying Katelyn. It's hard. It's like he's always there, taunting me...'
He stands up and walks to the edge of the boat.
'I want to be normal Katelyn. Not a monster...' he tears up a slight bit. I hug him from behind and feel a selection of tear drops fall onto my forehead.
'You'll find a way Travis. We'll find a way. That's a promise'

                                ***

Aphmau and the Girls come up shortly after Garroth Does and we all discuss what to do when we reach The Capital. Leochant looks after the girls and we come to the conclusion to head straight to the Academy.
'Are you sure about this, Aphmau?' Questions Garroth
'Positive it's the best plan of action'

Travis' POV-
I know Katelyn's trying to be supportive but she doesn't have experience with magic. She grew up without magic until her teen years. It's not the same for me. It scares us both but all I can do is protect her. From me.