Chapter Nineteen - The Egyption Fort

Start from the beginning

“Agreed.”

Sin didn’t expect trying to kill someone with a single finger would make such a mess.  But it did.  When he attempted to slash the intruder with his finger he made contact easy.  Sin’s nail sunk deep into his chest with ease—like slicing warm butter.  Not only that but the slit bled a lot—and quickly.  He’d never seen so much blood come out of a person’s body so fast with exception of his endeavors with Lilly; it was almost as if the blood was drawn to the wound—sucked to it.  He was dead in thirty seconds from blood loss.  And sadly all the blood landed directly on Toms only rug and leaked across his fairly cleaned marble floors, it was everywhere. And it was fast.

Sin glanced once more at the pool of dried blood and soaked rung before looking back at Tom.  “I’ve got to go, have orders to take care of.”  He paused as if trying to find the rest of the words then asked in a lowered voice, “You wouldn’t mind if I stopped by here from time to time, maybe stayed, when there is nothing to do?”

“Sure thing, and if you have anything you find along the way and don’t need feel free to drop it off here.  A new rug would be top of the list,” he smiled.

Sin vanished.

Thomas shook his head slowly as he looked at the mess he was going to have to clean up on his own.  He was second guessing whether he should leave his hideout or let that demon find him again.

***

Ten-twenty, Lilly stood in between two sand dunes about a half a mile from the fortress.  She would be able to attack soon, it annoyed her that the men forced her to take the helicopter ride with them—as if she couldn’t just appear where they wanted her.  It also bothered her that they set the time five hours from arrival, so much waiting.  She had since gone back to her room, taken a nap, ate, thought about visiting Sin and deciding its best not to, and suited up for battle.  It was the first time she was able to use the full outfit she created for battle.  She thought she looked great in it—fearsome.

Her pale face was shadowed by a black wool hood that fit snugly over her head.  Her black eyes were an exact contrast to her white skin hidden in the hood.  Her hair with the red highlights from the center down was stuffed under the hood and flowed freely under her cloak.  The highlights on her bangs exposed a little color opposing the constant black that featured the rest of her body. Her cloak had thin black wool covering the tightly knit steel chainmail; it was the cloak she had made before her revealing to the world.   The chainmail bulged out from under the black cloak but remained hidden, leaving a consistent bumpy texture.  The metal links ended a foot below her butt while the cloth extended down to just above her heels.  On the interior side of the chainmail was another thin sheet of cloth followed by her tight black jacket.  The jacket extended perfectly to her wrists and had a tight collar that extended up, covering her neck.  

Where the jacket ended at her wrists it was followed by thin black gloves.  The gloves had a lighter color than the jacket—and not because they were designed that way, but because their thin fabric allowed her pale hands to shine slightly through.  Where the jacket firmly ended on her waist a pair of black jeans followed, the long pants extended down to her ankles and were just loose enough to leave around an inch of space to dangle freely at their bottoms.  Her normal tennis shoes were replaced with black boots that extended up most of her shins buried under the jeans.  The black boots were flat on top with almost no shine to them.  The only purpose of the boots was the steel plating stashed deep within the fabric of their backsides to protect her legs from the end of the cape.  The end of the cape was where she added in her own personal touch during that gruesome gap of time before her initial meeting with the President. .  Four circular steel razor blades were linked onto the bottom and left to slash anything that dared to approach her backside. The metal razor blades glistened in the hot morning desert sun.  She was going to enjoy this cape. But more so, she was going to enjoy what she was going to do with the cape.