Prologue

Love and appreciation to (Violette) bitchacho for my amazing cover, love it girl, you are truly talented.

This is also my first book, so i really hope you guys like it and vote for it too, would so appreciate it, thanks and God bless.

Thanks to fiddlegirl1996 for editing my first 2 chapters, really appreciate!!!

**************************************************************************************

Copyright Notice

Copyright © 2012 - Shivaun T Mayers. All rights reserved.

All material (prologue, all chapters and epilogue) , including Characters, Content, Storylines, and Names in this story is copyrighted. Unauthorized reproductions or distribution of copyright material without giving the author full credit can result in severe criminal and civil penalties.

*************************************************************************************

Prologue

My heart was pounding sporadically in my chest; I could feel the sweat dripping down my back and my breathing was very unsteady. I could hear my bare feet pounding on the pavement as I pushed myself to run even faster. I thought to myself why do these things only happen to me?

I looked over my shoulder just as I heard one of the guys chasing me and yelling to the top of his lungs.

"STOP!"

Yeah, like I was just going to let them take me, fat chance of that happening. I was a lot of things in life but was never known to be a quitter. Besides, I was good at pacing myself. I also had a lot of stamina that I gained from years of dance and other sports that I dabbled in.

Running was pretty much the only weapon I could use against the two big and very unfriendly looking guys chasing me.

"Simone, you stop right now. Do you hear me?"

Of course I heard him last I checked I wasn't deaf. Patrick was a tall muscular dude and could be very intimidating and deadly, but I was fast. The other guy I had only seen from time to time when I went to the club with Kate. He was even bigger than Patrick. There was no way on God's green earth I was going to let them catch me, not after what I saw them do to Kate.

"Girl are you ready to let your hair down tonight?" Kate asked.

"I'm not so sure about this, I'd really rather be home right now."

"Simone, please. You have been home all day; it's time to get out and have some fun!"

"Kate, you know I'm not into the club scene anymore!" I said with a pointed look. Kate just laughed and waved me off as if what I just said was of little importance to her.

Kate was my best friend and normally a very kind person, but when she wanted something, there was no standing in her way. She normally got it, too, because most people were mesmerized by her lightly tanned, sculpted body. She was a 5 foot 7 inches tall girl with long, fiery red hair that had natural waves to them, the most gorgeous green eyes you have ever seen, pouty lips, and high cheekbones. People constantly asked if she was a model and she would laugh and say, "As if I have time to waste my looks." Yeah, she was a pretty confident girl. I guess that is why we both got along. Granted, we looked nothing alike, but our confidence in ourselves couldn't be rivaled.

As I remembered my earlier conversation with Kate, tears stung my eyes. I tried my hardest to hold them back, because my vision would become clouded and I wouldn't be able to see where I was going. Just then I realized that other than the sounds of my beating heart and my feet slapping the concrete, I wasn't hearing anything. Had they stopped chasing me? Was I finally safe? I didn't know. But I certainly wasn't stopping until I saw somewhere safe. It was the dead of night, so there was very little traffic and few people milling around. All I could think of was getting someplace safe so I could get help.

Finally, things started to look familiar. I started making sharp turns to make sure I wasn't being followed. When I became satisfied that I had lost the two goons chasing me, I then headed back around the corner and down the street until I came to a building I recognized.