Chapter 3 - Favouring Fate

“Wait, Alice! Stop!”

I didn’t stop. This was too weird. It was too much. I mean, fate has never exactly favoured me in particularly, and lately it seems that it’s even showing signs of hostility, but this? This has gone too far.

I leaped up on top of a table with a group of students huddled around eating at it, before leaping from table to table, as to avoid having to go around barely moving figures standing in the middle of everywhere.

Unlike Kieran.

No, he was weaving his way through the sea of bodies, coming towards me. For what it’s worth, he was going at an incredible speed, considering.

A little too fast, actually. 

No. He’s cannot be faster than me. I may be clumsy and forgetful and unorganised, but dammit I am fast. Really fast. Not once have I ever broken into a sweat while running. I don’t even breathe heavily, despite how long and far and hard I was running. It just comes so naturally to me. Like… breathing. You don’t get tired of breathing. That could become problematic.

Speeding up, I leapt across to the last table before zooming out of the cafeteria. People around the halls were still in super slow-Mo, I noticed. It was horrifying. Did I do that? Crapcrapcrap! Why does weird shit always happen to me?! Why can’t it happen to someone like, I don’t know, Piper?

“Alice, stop!” Kieran’s deep voice sounded from behind me. Like, really close behind me. How the hell is he so fast? I’m the only person I know who is that fast.

Not that I’m all that social or anything, but that’s not the point.

I was so close to the exit now. The cafeteria is on the ground level with the doorway, so I didn’t really have that far to run. Speeding towards the great big doors, I ripped them open and escaped into the car park. 

I had two choices in this situation. I could either go with choice A, which was to weave my way through the maze-like obstacle of cars, like Kieran did in the cafeteria. Choice B is to just go right around the car park, but that could take ages. Choice C is to do what I did in the cafeteria. Jump across.

And that’s the choice I would have chosen, if Kieran hadn’t tackled me in mid-air.

Oh for crying out loud, I just cannot win today.

Kieran maneuvered himself into a position while we were flying through the air so that he would be the one to fall first, with me coming a close second on top of him.

If I weren’t running like I was on fire, trying to get away from him, I probably would have taken into consideration the position we were currently in.

But I’m not running like I was on fire anymore. I was on top of Kieran. So yeah, I did consider it. Vaguely.

What? I have a lot on my mind, okay? Jesus.

Kieran rolled over so that he was on top of me, pinning my arms down as to try to get me to stop wriggling.

Did I stop wriggling? Bitch no.

But my efforts weren’t really doing the job. Thrashing wildly, I tried to shake him off. No such luck.

New plan.

“RAPE! RAPE! RAPE! RA-“

His hand covered my mouth, muffling my yells.

“Alice, you need to listen to me. What you did back there? That wasn’t- SON OF A BITCH!” He yelled, as I bit into his hand. Hard.

He pried my teeth from his flesh and whipped his hand up to his face, inspecting it, his face contorted in pain. What a girl.

“What are you, a freaking piranha? Christ, that hurt!”

“Get off me, Kieran!”

“No! I won’t, not until you listen! Look, you are not hu-“ he froze, mid-sentence. For a second, I was terrified that I had done it to him. Goddammit, I’m a freak. Why does everyone around me end up getting hurt? But on closer inspection, I could still feel his heart beating wildly in his chest. Whew.

“Alice,” he whispered softly, “whatever you do, whatever you want to say right now? Don’t.”

I couldn’t help myself. “Why?”

His lion eyes flickered over my face quickly, analysing, searching for something. Man, he had amazing eyes. Vaguely, I noticed a strange look creep across his face, like as if he was unsure if he should tell me something or not.

Leaning in closely, his eyes flickered back up to something behind me.

“Seth’s right behind you, Alice.”

§§§§

Song on the side is Over The Love by Florence + The Machine, and boy can she sing. I was going to put it up a bit later on, but then I listened to it again and I couldn't resist. 

a/n. I know, this is a short ass chapter, but you have to learn to appriciate the little things in life. Like short ass chapters. Just off the top of my head. You guys are probably a little confused at this point. Don't worry, the next chapter will hopefully straighten things out a little. Or not, depending on your level of intellect. And I mean that with all due respect. I'm a respectful kind of person, if you haven't already picked up on that. I don't know when the next chapter will come. I do have a life outside of wattpad, you know. I do. I have proof. Until next time my lovlies! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!