Chapter Three: The sleepwalker

I woke up to the noise of a loud crash. I slowly got up from Daniel's bed and made my way to where I thought where the living room was. Then I saw Daniel. He wasn't asleep. He was apparently standing in front of the wall.

"Hey. What are you doing up?" I asked him,"I heard a carsh. It woke me up." When he didn't reply, I went over to him and saw that he had his eyes closed. I shook him gently. "Daniel? You're being weird. Please open your eyes." Then in a second his eyes fluttered open. He abruptly backed away from my touch. Then his breathing started sounding ragged. It got worse as I stood there watching him, not knowing what to do.

"Hey, I'm here. Look at me. It's alright. You were sleepwalking, I think." I came over to where he was sitting and put both my hands on the sides of his face. I tried to make eyecontact with him, but his eyes remained unfocused.

"Daniel. What the hell is wrong?!"I shouted at him. Now I started panicking. It seemed to snap him back to reality. His green eyes directed towards me.

 "Sofronie. What happened? Did I fall asleep on you? Sorry I do that when I have to listen to something uninteresting for a long period of time." He said in all seriousnous. I looked at him incrediously.

"What? No, I FOUND YOU BANGING YOUR HEAD ON THE WALL. WHAT THE HELL?" Then just like that his serious face disappeared and it was replaced by charming yet annoying laughing face. He fell backwards laughing so hard at me. I sat there and watched him crack up then I just decided to do something that'll give a taste of his own medicine. I got up and got a pillow from the couch. He was oblivious to what I was about to do. I cracked a huge grin before I proceded to wiping the grin off his face with a smack of the pillow. "OW! That hurt, Sofronie!" He'd stop laughing as much as before, but somehow he still had that stupid, yet addicting grin on his face. He put his hands up to protect his face as I smacked him once more. "Thats how you get the job done, babe," He told me with a small smile," Now, that you've got that out of your system, it's my turn." He got up and picked me up like a rag doll and slung me over his shoulder.

"Daniel! Put me down! I'm going to fall on my butt. Or worse, on my face then I won't be able to kill the White Witch so I could get back to Earth! I'll be stuck here with you!" I yelled into his back. His reply came in thundering laughter.

"Now give me a reason why I should do the exact opposite of what I am about to do right now." He asked me, obviously looking for something.

"Well thats easy. You need me, duh."

"Hah! Unlikely, Sofronie, but good try. I've been alive or half alive longer than you. What makes you say that?"

"We're going to go to that damn palace and slay that witch, TOGETHER. Thats why you need me, you idiot."

"WRONG." He sang," Well, we are going to do that at some point, but why rush things? Just say, YOU need Me. Then your free to go"

"Ugh. Fine," I blew air through my mouth showing him how irritated I was at this point," I need you more than you need me. Blah, Blah. Put me down now!"

He laughs." Okay, good enough for me," He put me down gently and I backed away from him," You were getting heavy anyways."

We both just stared at each other not moving or saying anything. It was like a staring contest between us, but in the end he was the loser. He looked down and I smiled in triumph.

He looked up at me again and rubbed his neck with his hand. "Okay, this is just so bizaare, but Sofronie I have to tell you something now. I'll just get it over with. Do you remember what I told you last night? About me being away from you from the first time I had found you on Earth?" I nod my head," Well, I had a nightmare last night. I drempt of you dying at the hands of the Witch Witch. I don't know, but in that very moment. Tha moment I saw you falling backwards towards the ground. I just knew I needed to catch you and I did. You were lying in my arms. Dying and it scared the shit out of me. I remember the way your lips trembled and how pale you looked. I just knew that I couldn't lose you no matter what. It felt so real. " He looks down again and I felt my heart beating faster at this. What did this mean?

"I..." I shook my head not knowing what to say," I'm not that fragile. Trust me. It takes more than a witch to bring me down." I smile at him when he looks up at me. I put my hand on his shoulder. Before he could put his hand on mine, I said," We should get some breakfast. Do they have any chickens round here?" I drop my hand and made my way to the outside of the treehouse. He follows me.

"Lots." He says with a smirk.

"Oh that reminds me. I need a shower. Wheres the shower here?" I ask him. I turn to face him, then I gasp cause he was stripping his shirt right in front of me. I hastily turn around.

"Well, I usually head down to thar river over there," He points out to the west," Then I go for a quick swim with the ducks and occasional bears." He jumps down from the treehouse and starts heading towards the river.

"Hey wait up!" I hesitantly look down from the side of the treehouse and did a double-take. Nope, definetly not going to try jumping again. I sighed as I slowly made my descent on the ladder.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Hey guys! Yeah I know this chapter totally crashed. Not my fault. I wasnt feeling it today. Anyways next update will be tomorrow. I need to get my swagger back on. Early update because of all the reads I received! Thanks for giving my book a chance!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Good bye...

-Love ChloCareBear